Getting in Shape

Help!! 2 weeks married and cant stop eating!~

SO, I lost 17 pounds in the 3 months leading up to my wedding.  The honeymoon was a week of eating and drinking, and I gained some weight back, which was to be expected.  However, now I am back at work, and cannot stop gorging on food!

I need some inspiration.  Help please!!

Re: Help!! 2 weeks married and cant stop eating!~

• I gave myself 2 weeks after our wedding to eat like shit. I ate so well the weeks leading up to maintain my weight, that I reasoned it was okay to let my eating habits go for a while.

Before the start of week 3 post-wedding, I sat down and meal planned for the week and actually went the the grocery store for the first time before the wedding. Make sure you bring your own snacks and meals to work. That helps me resist temptation at the office. 

I still haven't gotten back on the workout train, but I'm eating better than I was during my splurge period.
  • I've found that my body will get used to eating more on a vacation and when I come back I crave food more frequently than I did when I was home before the vacation. Sometimes you just have to tough it out. I agree with taking healthy snacks (very low calorie foods like celery, etc) to eat. Hopefully if you can stay strong and get yourself back into good habits, the cravings will decrease again.
  • Oh man, I eat SO much on vacation, it's really hard to get back into 'regular' eating habits once you return.

Healthy snacks are great, but also keep up your workout routine! Getting back into that will also help.

• So hard to keep it up but thanks for the inspiration!  Just needed to hear it from someone else :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards