Oregon

Officiant - check!

I'm so excited! I asked my brother right after we got engaged if he would marry us, and he responded he would have to think about it. I got a letter today from him and he said he would. (He is living in Mexico at an orphanage for severely disabled kids and attending Bible college. It's in the middle of nowhere, so letters are the only contact.)

My brother is older than I am and has had a lot of drug problems, in and out of jail, etc. He cleaned himself up a few years ago and it means soo much that he's marrying us. Not that he actually told me, I was nosey and read Chris' letter from him. My letter was 2 paragraphs long, Chris' was 2 pages. Nice to know where I stand.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant - check!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!! That is so great! But wow -- what a hard way to communicate with your brother. You make me thankful that mine lives 5 mins away and can be reached by phone!!

We're getting married by one of my friends -- and former boss! He's a kick in the pants, knows me really well and will get to know FI over a weekend camping trip in August. He's definitely going to make it fun, which is what I want!! Smile
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother is also marrying us!  He's a big goof, but I love him so.  He knows we want to keep things simple, and not insanely long (I've been to my fair share of Catholic weddings, thanks to my dad's side of the fam!) and silly. :D
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That's really good news.

And kudos to your brother for all the good he is doing in the world.
  • Carabear1985Carabear1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome, congratulations!
    My fiance and I asked his grandpa if he'd officiate for us (he also said he'd think about it). Luckily in two days he called to answer that he'd love to marry us.
    It's exciting to have people you love and know (and who know your relationship) to be your officiant. Plus, you can skip the whole issue with your minister being too "preachy". My family and I are religious, but not in the sense of actually attending church lol so having someone preach to us is a little..uncomfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards