Wedding Party

Uneven wedding party?

My side of the wedding party consists of 2 bridesmaids and my maid of honor. I have already  asked all 3 of them to be apart of my wedding and they have all accepted. However, my fiance is struggling about who to ask to be his groomsmen. He has his best man already but he is not sure he can find 2 other groomsman to match the numbers on my side since all of his good friends live out of state. At the most he is sure he can find one other groomsman.
Is it taboo to have uneven numbers in the wedding party?

Re: Uneven wedding party?

• funsize2u said:

My side of the wedding party consists of 2 bridesmaids and my maid of honor. I have already  asked all 3 of them to be apart of my wedding and they have all accepted. However, my fiance is struggling about who to ask to be his groomsmen. He has his best man already but he is not sure he can find 2 other groomsman to match the numbers on my side since all of his good friends live out of state. At the most he is sure he can find one other groomsman.

Not taboo at all. It would be taboo for him to ask people just for the sake of even sides.
  • funsize2u said:

Not at all. Bridal parties are supposed to be your nearest and dearest. Not just to fill a side to match the other. Why doesn't he ask his friends that are out of state if he would consider them if they lived in state? He can have long distance GMs :)

• Depends. If any of your bridesmaids have hot pink hair, you cannot have uneven numbers UNLESS you made a special "Will you be my bridesmaid?" box to ask them. Additionally, they must tie a string of red licorice to the LEFT side of their underwear EXACTLY 4 hours before the ceremony start time.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I had 4 BM's and DH only had 1 GM. It was perfectly fine and as far as I know not a single person questioned why the sides weren't even.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards