Maine

Our Downeast Wedding- recommendations for brides to use

praby19praby19 member
First Comment
edited August 2014 in Maine
We just got married this past weekend and I just wanted to let other brides know who we used for reccommendations since everything went off beautifully for us! We rented a private location in Southwest Harbor (Morris Yachts), it was GORGEOUS! They have a large dock/peir over the water that easily could have held more then the 125 we had on it. The pier has a three bedroom/3 bath house that you can use as well (we got ready there). It DOES NOT have a commercial kitchen for the caterer but does have a large "garage" attached to the house that we rented (thru Wallace Tents) all the kitchen items the caterer needed. We hired a "day of Corrdinator" named Rachel Gerald who I can get her number to anyone interested- who was not only affordable(we had a super tight budget) but ran everything perfectly from the rehersal to the day of set up to the end of the night! She was not only both super professional- she came meticulously put together and looked the part, acted the part and took the major stress off my shoulders so we could enjoy ourselves! I HIGHLY reccommend her and just the hiring of a coordinator in general! Flowers were PERFECTLY what I wanted from the Bud Connection in Ellsworth- they were not only beautiful but really affordable- 5 bouquets, 6 corsages, and 8 boutineers plus table flowers (40 ) a flower for my hair, petals for flower girls and flowers for the cake for $900 total (and believe me they were not skimpy either! Hair and Makeup was done by Hairbenders of ellsworth- they came right onsite for a small travel fee of I believe $25- the girls were wonderful and did exactly what I wanted- both hair and makeup for 5 girls(plus bride), mother of the bride and flower girls total was $600. My photographer was Anne Schmidt- she did a great job- super nice and made me feel comfortable! And the Caterer was amazing! Not that I am biased but hands down the best food I have ever had at a wedding and at most restaurants even! His name is Bill Baker- he is strictly word of moulth and usually booked way out but we managed to snag him! He arrived with a full staff all professionally dressed in chef attire- they even folded all my napkins into a fancy fold for me! I couldnt have been happier for everything to go so perfectly! Please email me for references! I will gladly pass them along! ~Abby  

Re: Our Downeast Wedding- recommendations for brides to use

• Hi Abby, 

Could I ask what your budget was?  And what was the fee for your venue and your caterer?  I'm new to the knot so I'm not sure if there is a private message option :-) 

Thanks for your post, I grew up in Belfast but now live in Utah and desperately want to get married in Maine but have to do it on a shoe string budget.  Thanks for your post!! 

And congratulations!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards