November 2014 Weddings
Options

Wedding AW!

edited December 2014 in November 2014 Weddings
This took a little while to post, sorry!  I haven't really had a chance to be on TK since before the wedding!

To start:  I can't believe how well the day went.  The days leading up to the wedding were really, really emotional.  I found out that my Uncle has ALS, and one of my dear friends who was going to do a reading couldn't make it because she is very, very sick with not diagnosis.  While H and I were both sad, we realized that this is why we were choosing to throw a larger party for the wedding; so that we could provide a chance for our families to spend time together.  Due to being hit with some heavy stuff before the wedding, I went into the wedding not giving a fuck if anything went wrong, because I would be married and surrounded by my friends and family.

Most of our family was staying in the same hotel, and everyone became fast friends the night of the RD.  It was so great to see everyone having so much fun.  (And the food was delicious!)  During the day on Friday, FI had helped me to finish with any last decorating details, which took less than 30 minutes because we had done most of the stuff ahead of time.

Against my sister's wishes (more in a joking way), H and I slept together the night before the wedding.  We were sharing a room with one of my BFF's and her girlfriend, and it was so much fun having a little sleepover!  I got a great sleep, and got up to work out the morning of the wedding, so for all pre-wedding prep I was calm as a cucumber.  It was fantastic.  Right before the hair people came, my DOC brought us the keys to get into the honeymoon suite- which was HUGE!  I was thrilled!  Everyone got a chance to just hang out, eat delicious food, and laugh; while coming and going as the pleased while getting ready.

Our first look was one of the most moving moments of my life.  I cried, H cried, some of my friends cried.  Happy tears all around!  I'm so excited for some of the outside pictures that we got- I can't wait to get them back from my photog!!  We were getting married at a ski resort in VT, and we got about a 1.5" dusting.  Not enough to make the trails open for the season, but enough to give us an amazing wintery backdrop.  H and I went through the snow to get some great shots.  Our BP were champs, and willing to stay outside.  We had them out there for minimal amount of time, and for a lot of it, the ladies had scarves on, and they were near a fire pit.  While H and I were getting outdoor pics, they were playing in the arcade in the hotel!  We had no idea until we saw pictures of it, it was awesome!  Our photogs were thrilled that we were willing to be cold and go through snow for great pics.

Finally, it was time for the ceremony again.  My Mom and Dad walked my down the aisle; I cried most of the walk.  I cried during the ceremony.  H's vows were so beautiful, I really want to get them framed.  We laughed when I couldn't get the ring over his knuckle, apparently people in the audience overheard me and laughed with us.  People told us how "us" they thought the ceremony was, and later on a (very drunk) cousin of FI's confess that he cried.

The cocktail hour and reception were wonderful.  I had such a great time, and I made sure to greet, thank, and hug every single guest!  People were raving about the food, and the service!  (The servers were AWESOME- and we basically had the same group the entire weekend, so they knew how to keep my guests happy, I really don't think things would have gone this well if it weren't for my venue.)  The reception ended at 10:30, and FI and I went up to our room to find that our friends had put champagne with two glasses in the room for us.  We enjoyed *ahem* quality time, champagne, and cupcakes.

Oh, and the cupcakes... YUM.  They were a big hit!  We provided boxes for the extras, and our friends took full advantage!  I'm a little sad that rest of our cutting cake is in my MIL's freezer and not here for me to eat.. oh well.  MIL was very happy that there was no cake smashing!

The next morning we packed up, said goodbye to everyone and then headed to MIL's to drop stuff off before catching our flight for our honeymoon in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam was so amazing!  We can't wait to go back!

Pictures have been removed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding AW!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards