November 2014 Weddings
Options

I'm a Mrs.!!!!

I'll be posting pics soon but it was amazing!

Re: I'm a Mrs.!!!!

• Options
    I don't have a good pic of me and the Mr., but here's one of me and my girlfriend.
  • Options
    Awesome!  You look so happy!  You did it :)  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I just realized that I never really posted about my day so, if you're still here and interested, here's how it went. It had ups and downs, but mostly positives. Our wedding was almost all DIY and our family, from the beginning, were offering to help do this and that...so I took them up on that offer and saved some money.

Within 24 before the wedding I had 6 people cancel. DH slept an hour later than what he should have (I'd rather him be rested and in a good mood than wake him up and immediately start our day off in an argument). Picking up the cakes and flowers worked well and I was receiving phones and text messages from work asking about orders - our internet was down for 4 days and came back up that morning so we were backed up. Even though we left an hour later than anticipated, we arrived at the venue right on time.

My hair and makeup took 2 hours, rather than the 1-1.5 I had anticipated, so no pictures were taken of family, like I had hoped for...and I honestly blame that on my MIL. When she got there she wanted to help but everyone looked busy so she parked it in my room and wouldn't stop talking to the lady doing my hair and makeup. First it was about the wedding then it was all about her. I was texting and texting DH about getting her out of there, try to find something for her to help with, but he didn't get those texts until hours later because our phone reception was spotty (he received other ones in between that weren't related to her). I even texted my sister and she didn't get it until hours later. Everyone who helped said that they were going to come ready but decided to just get ready there - in my room rather than the restroom (where they said they would when they came) so I was kicked out of my room for about 45 minutes.

I decided last minute that we could have the ceremony outside - the building and trees blocked most of the wind and it was in the 70s. Of course I ran out of time to get speakers so we didn't have ceremony music, but who cares! We started the ceremony maybe 10-15 minutes after 4, which I think is great but still not on time. My dad walked me down the aisle and the judge was amazing. My long veil almost blew off of my head in the middle of the ceremony, but that didn't matter to me!

Post ceremony was super chaotic - I had my laptop with the music hooked up but no one could figure out how to work it. There were instructions, I told DH to mess with it while I was getting ready pre-ceremony, but nothing! Basically he looked at it, didn't know what was going on, and walked away. After asking him, and other people, over and over, my dad and a friend stepped in to get it going! We're talking about 30/45 minutes later while we were getting pictures done. Speaking of pictures, no one was listening to me. I'd ask for people (like our kids, my parents, etc.), someone would "go get them", and no one came - or the person would come but the original person didn't show back up...it was a mess, but we did it! We finished up our pictures and my mom was disappointed that we were back inside because she was about to dismiss each table one by one to come outside to have their pictures taken with us. WHAT?!? I have never heard of that nor had I ever planned or expressed to her that I wanted to do that. Her reasoning was that most of the people there were family.

I decided to forgo the seating chart and take away a table because so many people canceled (a table of 4-5 would have become a table of 1) but there were automatic groups, so no one was left out. The reception was a little boring, but I got to talk to everyone...and our family is boring - they like to just sit and talk (and don't drink). I did have my table of friends, who I spend a good amount of time with, that felt like the alcoholics because they were getting bottled beers and they were all over the table (we had cups but they didn't use them) - I consistently had a drink in my hand so it was okay! DH and I decided last minute not to have a first dance. I wasn't planning on having an announced/grand entrance but he was all over the place and I had to keep hunting him down so I was like screw it, and just joined him in there. Food was finally ready and we were the last ones to eat because we were talking to everyone.

I had just finished eating, grabbed some tea for DH, and one of my Uncles called me over. He said "Why don't you think about cutting the cake soon because the photographers look bored?" (they had taken a break to eat while everyone was eating - I had discussed that I don't want pics of people eating so they were more than welcome to eat with us - and started taking pictures of people who had finished eating)...and even if they were bored, I'm paying them to be there! I informed him that DH was still eating, and so was one of my sisters, plus we still needed to get pictures of DH's family. He started moving around in his chair trying to find DH and my sister to see if they really were still eating.

After pictures we cut the cake but didn't make a big deal about it. We walked over there, had to have my mom get plates and forks (she forgot to put them there), we cut it, fed each other, and started dishing it out. That was around 7:00 and people started leaving around 7:30-7:45. I went outside for a smoke with some of my friends and when I came back in half the tables were packed up. We weren't making a grand exit or anything but someone could have asked me before deciding this was it! My friend who started the music for me turned it up (I thought it was the loudest it got during the reception but no, it was about the softest) and we started singing and even dancing a bit - the photographers were hovering over us getting some pics. It was fun - just wish DH had been there and not playing outside with the kids.

I was the last person to change and DH and I were the last to leave. We did a final walk through to make sure we weren't leaving anything and decided to just go home instead of a hotel (I knew he slacked on that but that area is full of them). It was still early so we went to our bar and ended up meeting up with one of my sisters and BIL. My sisters had a bet that I would have a breakdown, like I do when I'm stressed, and throw a shoe - so I took my shoe off and tossed it at her. I also found out that my she is pregnant with their first kid...so I threw my shoe at a pregnant lady! :)

Sunday we slept in a little and went to lunch at DH's favorite mexican restaurant (it's family owned and he's been going there for at least 10). We stopped by my mom's to get our presents and left over food and drinks, went to Six Flags for a few hours, bowling, then our bar again. On Monday we were going to go to the aquarium but slept even later and were starving so, after dropping off our marriage certificate, we ate lunch at both of our favorite restaurant. We didn't want to get stuck in rush hour traffic so we went to a mall instead of the aquarium, walked around, did the build a bear (neither of us had stepped foot in there before), and got our favorite kinds of popcorn.

It would have been nice to go somewhere on a honeymoon but it was great that we basically had 2 days of dates without our 3 kids. I really want to take a family vacation next year to Disney World (we were supposed to this past summer but with the wedding and 2 kids in summer school it didn't happen) and my ideal place to go with just DH is Iceland...so it will probably be a few years, but it will be worth the wait!

• Options
    Wow!  That's quite a wild ride!  

• Options
    I wish things had gone different but it was overall great, and I wouldn't trade that, or DH, for the world!
  • Options
    I can't believe you got kicked out of your own bridal suite.  I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry!

• Options
    It was a good chance to have a smoke...so I was okay! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards