Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Foundation recommendations?

Needing recommendations of SPF-free foundation that is good for combination skin. I prefer a relatively light formula with medium coverage.

I'm also looking for concealer recommendations. I bought the Laura Mercier concealer duo but found it to be very thick and difficult to apply.

Thanks!

Re: Foundation recommendations?

• Options

Makeup Forever HD foundation is amazing.  It's beautiful in pictures (I'm assuming that's the reason why you want SPF free) and they have a ton of shade choices. 

My holy grail concealer is MAC Pro longwear concealer.  A tiny bit goes a long way, and you can use it under the eyes and on blemishes. Another comparable concealer is Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Again, you can use it under the eyes and on blemishes.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    I second the recommendation of Makupe Forever HD! I've been using Clinique and other random foundations for years and got sick of not knowing what a good one to buy is. A woman from Sephora recommended Makeup Forever HD, and now I'm in love with it!! The one I bought is Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a big fan of Benefit Fakeup concealer. It goes on really smooth and the stick has a ring of hydrating stuff (i dunno if i would call it lotion?) around the concealer. I love that because I tend to have dry under eyes and concealer sometimes looks cakey on me. As far as foundation, I am searching too for the perfect foundation for my wedding-Sorry I'm not much help there! Good luck!
  • Options
    I like the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation. It's got good buildable coverage and can start pretty sheer, which I prefer.

If you're very pale, you may have trouble getting a match, though, as I'm fair but not extremely so and the lightest shade suits me perfectly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to agree with MAC Pro Longwear Concealer! That and the Pro Longwear Foundation are my holy grail as well - my go to for everyday and I'm definitely going to be wearing it on my wedding day. It looks and feels like a second skin, 15hr wear, sweat/transfer/humidity resistant. I've been using it for years! I have used the MUFE HD Foundation before and did like it, but I like how long wearing the MAC Pro-Longwear is, I never have to touch up my makeup.

I suggest going to the closest MAC location, or makeup counter/Sephora/etc (if you don't have a MAC near you) and getting some samples of different foundations to try. Everyone's skin type is different and it's tough to tell what's going to work best for you based on other people's recommendations if they have different skin. Also remember that your foundation is only as good as the skin underneath, so make sure you prep your skin with proper moisturizers and/or primers before your foundation to make it work it's best :)

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards