Wedding Invitations & Paper

XP : Budget friendly but modern invites?

Hi guys,

Looking to spend around $200-$300 for 60 invites & response cards (including tax, shipping, envelopes, etc) -- everyone I knew suggested Vistaprint but the designs are just not working for me. I've looked at Minted and Wedding Paper Divas which have a lot more designs my style but it's just pricing too high. Some examples of what I've liked so far : 

Are there any other sites or physical shops I should look into, or any coupons/black friday deals going on? Or is my budget just too small. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Re: XP : Budget friendly but modern invites?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Try www.zazzle.com.  Be careful on your wording.  Some of these are cute, but improper.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Have you tried going to a physical store designing invitations? I was super picky about my invitations as well and had checked all the sites you listed, but I found their paper quality was not the greatest. I went to Paper Source and was able to design from scratch my invitation. I ended up spending around $700.00 for 100 invitations (including reception card and RSVP card), but if I only got 60 cards it would have been around 400. I also added the bells and whistles to my invitations (special gold embossing...) so I am sure you could find a way to get the price down. But you definitely get a lot more control over the quality of the invitation. 
  • landa10315landa10315 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2014
    I feel like minted should fit that price point, no? I got 85 magnet save the dates with envelopes (with free addressing) for $200, and magnets are always more expensive. Even if you include response cards I feel like it couldn't be more than $300 for 60 invites. ETA: They also ALWAYS have promo codes. 10% off right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aquietseasonaquietseason member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2014
    @CMGragain - don't worry, i've read your advice on this forum so many times, i will definitely check with this board before ordering! :)

@HReis13 i live in NYC and did look at a few places, but they were very much out of my price range and catering more to that bespoke/high end market which i am unfortunately not in lol

@landa10315 specifically for the foil printed options, by the time i added on shipping & tax it was coming out around $325, and i still need to buy stamps. $300 is really my tight limit, so unless they came out with a bigger promo -- waiting for black friday but nothing :(

Thanks very much for your help though, ladies! I just got a catalogue from theamericanwedding so I'm looking into those now, hopefully will find something I like :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards