Snarky Brides

sigh

2»

Re: sigh

• You do realize that even if she HAD used stored milk to feed him, she would have had to give him a bottle, which meant she still couldn't write stuff down? Plus, anyone can write the gifts down. Why would you have a nursing mother do this? You seriously didn't have anyone else who knew how to use a pen and paper?

You also realize that if her husband had come in to give the baby a bottle instead, you'd have been pissed that her husband showed up (OMG) again?

There is no way to win with you. I am amazed she did that much work for you. You should be grateful. I really hope she finds out just how awful you are and bows out of the wedding. 

I also hope that if you have kids someday, you finally realize how selfish you are and apologize to your friend for not understanding (if she's still your friend at that point).
  • I'd actually be a bit annoyed too, but c'mon, you can't be MAD at her about it! It's a baby, it needs to be taken care of!
  • I'd actually be a bit annoyed too, but c'mon, you can't be MAD at her about it! It's a baby, it needs to be taken care of!

What the hell would you be annoyed about?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I'd actually be a bit annoyed too, but c'mon, you can't be MAD at her about it! It's a baby, it needs to be taken care of!
    People popping in and out mostly, I find it disrupts the flow (same with someone going out to have a smoke). I would be annoyed, but I wouldn't bring it up, and obviously a baby takes priority.
  • beethery said:
    I'd actually be a bit annoyed too, but c'mon, you can't be MAD at her about it! It's a baby, it needs to be taken care of!
    People popping in and out mostly, I find it disrupts the flow (same with someone going out to have a smoke). I would be annoyed, but I wouldn't bring it up, and obviously a baby takes priority.
    Dude. The guy lives there. It's not like it was random people popping in and out.
  • beethery said:
    1. It would not have been your house.
    2. It would have been the husband your friend who super-nicely threw you a shower.
    3. None of that shit is anything to be annoyed about.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Meh. I think as long as you don't say anything or make a big fuss out of it it's fine to be annoyed. But good on you for not being be. 
  • She DD. Puppies? Kitties?
  • lnixon8 said:

"She is my BM and was supposed to be helping with the part when you hand the bride gifts/write down the gifts, etc. .... Side note:  My mom said BM stopped by the day before to "help set up," but "helping set up" actually meant she brought her husband and baby again and they just hung out and didn't do anything."

(sorry still not used to box thing)

1.Get off your ass and get your own gifts.

2.Or maybe your Mom could stop shit talking new moms for a few minutes and hand over your gifts.

3. The fact that you capitalize "Bridal shower" makes me think you do not realize this is not a national holiday.

I really hope you take what myself and others are trying to tell you and chill out with this woman and (most likely) the rest of your wedding.

The bolded, I am dying. @lnixon8, you make me laugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lnixon8 said:

"She is my BM and was supposed to be helping with the part when you hand the bride gifts/write down the gifts, etc. .... Side note:  My mom said BM stopped by the day before to "help set up," but "helping set up" actually meant she brought her husband and baby again and they just hung out and didn't do anything."

(sorry still not used to box thing)

1.Get off your ass and get your own gifts.

2.Or maybe your Mom could stop shit talking new moms for a few minutes and hand over your gifts.

3. The fact that you capitalize "Bridal shower" makes me think you do not realize this is not a national holiday.

I really hope you take what myself and others are trying to tell you and chill out with this woman and (most likely) the rest of your wedding.

Fucking fantastic.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Not to distract from this overwise amazing trainwreck, just curious what DD means.... I understand from context that it means they deleted their original post. Just wondering exactly what DD stands for.
  • Deleting Dick.

No I'm just kidding I don't know exactly what it means either.  It just annoys me when people do that.  What's the point?  You've been quoted and your insanity cannot be disputed. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • carrie0924carrie0924 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    Why dirty delete?

EDIT: And thank you for the responses :)
  • Why dirty delete?

It's a dirty delete because it's quite clear that the poster removed text that she no longer wanted seen. It's a cowardly thing.
  • banana468 said:
    Why dirty delete?

It's a dirty delete because it's quite clear that the poster removed text that she no longer wanted seen. It's a cowardly thing.
    And it's dirty because you leave a trail - you can't actually delete a post here, you can only edit/remove the text. You don't leave a clean slate (especially after you've been quoted).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards