March 2012 Weddings

Re: FFFC!!

• Options
    I'm a chicken and avoiding telling my father he is walking me down the aisle WITH my grandpa. I have a feeling this won't go over well so I'd rather avoid the topic until its too late (in my thoughts) for him to back out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I hit up my old High school guy to chat last night at midnight becasue FI was at work and I wanted someone to have a really great conversation with. A conversation that actually meant something and had some substance to it. I feel totally guilty about it.

We've been friends since 8th grade. He fell head over heals for me. I was oblivious and just wanted to be his best friend. High school came and I found my FI and things had to change between him and me. J would sit on the phone with me and chat for hours and he always had really thought provoking convos. FI doesn't like J. Thinks he is a deusch. I think its because he has always thought of him as an ex-bf. Anywho for that reason I usually don't tell FI that we've spoken (which is like once every 3 months). But trying to chat up another guy at midnight while FI is at work seems so bad even though it was completly innocent. 
  • Options
    My grandfather and my step-grandmother RSVPed to the wedding already saying that "They couldn't plan that far in advance, sorry they're old."  I'm more than a little upset.  My grandfather means the world to me and I'm his only granddaughter and if he doesn't come I will be devastated.  I don't understand why when the RSVP date isn't until 2/9 how they could tell me they can't plan that far in advance...if you don't want to come send the RSVP back later without some BS excuse.
    March 2012 December Siggy Challenge- My Bouquet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    160image Invited to Our Disney Wedding!
    55image Are ready to party
    43image Are missing out
    62image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    So we addressed invitations this week. My SIL made all the labels for them. I asked her if she had put "and guest" on my oldest brother's invitation. When she told me I was so glad. She said she had only put him and his 2 kids.

Normally I wouldn't care if someone brought a guest with them, but for him to it makes me nervous. Now before I sound like a total zilla on this there are very valid reasons. He was married for 10 years, and has 2 children. In April he told me one of the reasons he and his X spilt is that he is actually gay. I have nothing against that at all, one of my best friends from college is gay as well. Here is where the issues comes in. He has yet to tell my family. Our parents don't have a clue about this at all!! It breaks my heart that he can't just be honest with them about who he really is.

I am worried that if he were to bring a date and have a few drinks thing may happen and people may put it all together and drama will follow there after. And that is the last thing I want to happen at my wedding. I don't want my parents to find out that way and I don't want that to be the focus of the evening.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards