Chit Chat
Options

Kohls Registry Frustration - *Update (it gets worse)*

l9il9i member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited December 2014 in Chit Chat

So I'm not very happy with Kohls right now....

If anyone's used their registry you get registry rewards which is 10% of items purchased off your registry up to $200 and you are to receive these rewards 90 days after your wedding date.  Well it's past 90 days and I was really planning on the rewards for my a food saver.  I roughly figured we'd get the full $200 or close to it in rewards.

Well normally I'm a patient person.  But in this case I was really banking on having the rewards right now because I'm at a point I need the food saver, like tomorrow.  We bought a pig and the meat is coming home tomorrow ready or not!  So I call Kohls asking when I could expect to receive my rewards (doubled checked before calling that it was in fact 90 days after the wedding and found that was correct in two seperate areas).  They inform me, that it will actually be closer to 120 days and there is absolutely nothing they can do - really????  I call back again the next day, more persistant and still nothing they can do. 

I'm going to buy the food saver because I need to get the meat we are receiving packaged up.  I just don't understand how they can list and promise customers one thing on their website but not follow it and think it's perfectly fine.  Ughhhhhhhh

/end rant

Re: Kohls Registry Frustration - *Update (it gets worse)*

• Options
    Well that sucks. We were due our rewards this month too. I was really wanting to use it during the holiday sales.
  • Options
    Kohl's is really good about returns. Buy it, use it, and when your rewards card comes in take it to the service counter say you want to "return it" and then repurchase with your rewards card. I bet they'll let you.

• Options
    Kohl's is really good about returns. Buy it, use it, and when your rewards card comes in take it to the service counter say you want to "return it" and then repurchase with your rewards card. I bet they'll let you.
    Good idea lolo - already more help than what they were ;)
  • Options
    That's super annoying when stores won't help with their own shortcomings. I'd be tempted to add up the cost of everything on the registry, call back, ask for someone more important than the person who answered the phone, and say "hey my registry got Kohl's this much money in revenue. You're welcome. Now fucking hold up your end of the deal!"
  • Options
    That's super annoying when stores won't help with their own shortcomings. I'd be tempted to add up the cost of everything on the registry, call back, ask for someone more important than the person who answered the phone, and say "hey my registry got Kohl's this much money in revenue. You're welcome. Now fucking hold up your end of the deal!"

The second time I called I got escalated rather fast to the service manager because I wasn't taking their excuses.  The absolute best they could do was me front the purchase, call back when I do get my rewards, and maybe they could refund my credit card from the balance of the rewards, but that's only if I purchase online... and the item I want is only in store.  Yup.

I mean isn't there really a legal thing listing one thing in your terms and exclusions (aka. 'fine print') document and not following through?  Not that I'd take it that far...

• Options
    l9i said:

The second time I called I got escalated rather fast to the service manager because I wasn't taking their excuses.  The absolute best they could do was me front the purchase, call back when I do get my rewards, and maybe they could refund my credit card from the balance of the rewards, but that's only if I purchase online... and the item I want is only in store.  Yup.

I mean isn't there really a legal thing listing one thing in your terms and exclusions (aka. 'fine print') document and not following through?  Not that I'd take it that far...

Yeah, tell them your uncle works for the Federal Trade Commission lol. They might suddenly become more helpful ;)

That's total false advertisement. Jerks. But I think lolo has a good idea!
  • Options

Soooooo [prepare for rant] I called Kohls this weekend because I have yet to receive our rewards!  90 days would have been 10/31 and their stupid 120 days would have been 11/30.

I called and even after speaking with a manager the best they can do is put me on their bi-weekly reward distribution list which is sent this week.  But I most likely didn't make the time cut so I'd have to wait 2 more weeks and then I should call back if I don't receive them by Christmas!!!! 

I'm beyond pissed and I have no idea what more I can do other than wait for them to get their shit together.  I feel like they aren't going to budge and/or just don't care enough to really solve my problem.

I'm done Christmas shopping now so have the rewards at this point is moot and I'll get be using it for house stuff whenever I get it....  I'm not sure if anyone really has any advice for this it's just more of a rant and also a warning to others that this may be a problem.

• Options
    l9i said:

Soooooo [prepare for rant] I called Kohls this weekend because I have yet to receive our rewards!  90 days would have been 10/31 and their stupid 120 days would have been 11/30.

I called and even after speaking with a manager the best they can do is put me on their bi-weekly reward distribution list which is sent this week.  But I most likely didn't make the time cut so I'd have to wait 2 more weeks and then I should call back if I don't receive them by Christmas!!!! 

I'm beyond pissed and I have no idea what more I can do other than wait for them to get their shit together.  I feel like they aren't going to budge and/or just don't care enough to really solve my problem.

I'm done Christmas shopping now so have the rewards at this point is moot and I'll get be using it for house stuff whenever I get it....  I'm not sure if anyone really has any advice for this it's just more of a rant and also a warning to others that this may be a problem.

That's just awful! Is there a number to call for corporate?

• Options
    l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    @emmaaa I called their customer service, those are about the only numbers I can find (they have different numbers for various services).  The last person I spoke with was out of their corporate office, not their call centers.  They transferred me there after I was unsatisfied with "maybe by Christmas" and she didn't have much else to add....
  • Options
    Wow...most stores will bend over backwards to please customers and to me this makes the whole company look like they don't give a damn about their customers or policies.

• Options
    EXACTLY!  I've never had an experience such as this with them before, they are ususally easier to work with than most, but man, this has been awful!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time with this. I'm pretty pissed off at Kohls right now too. Have you tried the "I'll be sure to let all my other bride friends know how horrible your program and customer service is" to see if that gets you anywhere?
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@duhitsd

I need to.  The last person I spoke with from corporate was going to 'look into it and call me back'.  We she emailed me from a non-response email to tell me they couldn't do anything.  Convenient so that I'm not able to counter back..... ughhhhh

• Options
    I'm sorry. I spent my Macy's rewards like a month ago. :(

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    @pinkrevenge I haven't been on twitter in awhile but I'm feeling sassy this morning so you can watch for my tweets ;)
  • Options
    I got a tweet back!  Let's see if this goes anywhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards