Not Engaged Yet

This sucks. (Vent) **Updated in Comments**

2»

Re: This sucks. (Vent) **Updated in Comments**

• My company is fucking over all of its student employees right now. They had a 98% retention rate for their interns turning into full time employees. Now, all of a sudden, anyone who was hired out of the student program in the last 5 years or so are having to re-apply for their jobs because they were given too high of starting salaries or something. And they're actually trying to get BACK PAY from them. I love my job. I wouldn't mind never leaving. But I'm encouraging every single other former-student I know to hit the ground running. There is definitely something to say for job and salary security.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You deserve so much better, and I hope you are able to find something that suits you perfectly!

• @AlPacina - Holy shit, I can't believe that on top of making people reapply for jobs they already have they expect people to give them back part of their pay. That is absolutely insane! Is that even legal?

• @AlPacina - Holy shit, I can't believe that on top of making people reapply for jobs they already have they expect people to give them back part of their pay. That is absolutely insane! Is that even legal?

So far I don't know anyone that has actually ended up having to pay them back anything. But they're definitely having to fight for it. I wasn't a problem because I didn't accept tuition assistance, apparently. Though I don't see how my situation is/was any different. I've signed a petition and a letter to the CEO anyways.

I just know now that I need to read every line of every single contract I sign and have a copy. I truly am quite awful about these things. Your situation is such a freaking shit show because they just changed the policy without you even being able to do anything about it. You're in one minute and out the next. That doesn't deserve to be legal either.

• Oh @bethsmiles, I'm so sorry. That is so effed up of them, and especially to cut you loose in the middle of the academic year. Hugs.
  • Oh, @bethsmiles, I am SO sorry.  It was terrible of them to wait so long to tell you, but at least now you can say "Good riddance!" to a school that is obviously completely dysfunctional.  Maybe time to take a break from academia?  Stretch out a little and see what else you might love to do?
  • @futuremrshistorian - It's definitely time to take a break from academia! I just hope it doesn't take too long to find a new job. But I'm a lot more willing to broaden my search than before so hopefully it will go better than it did this summer.

• @bethsmiles‌ I'm so sorry! Eff that place! Your next employer will be lucky to have you. Until then, sending alllllll the hugs.
  • Sorry the place is doing this to you!!  I hope you find something soon and so glad you were on top of the game and got your resume ready and started applying early!

Anniversary
  • I'm so sorry this really sucks.  I hope you find something new soon!

Anniversary

• @bethsmiles I'm so sorry! This really does suck! I'm glad you are taking a little time to watch movies and take it easy. Sending you all the vibes that you find a job you love quickly!

• @bethsmiles that is ridiculous, I can't believe they strung you along and then said to just reapply once you meet their new guidelines! But now you have a chance for something even better.  
  • UGH I can't believe they're doing this to you. This is total bullshit. I'm so sorry! :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bethsmiles - I'm so sorry :( That's awful. I am sending all the hugs and vibes that you find something perfect asap!

• Thanks everyone :) I'm feeling better today, although still pissed off. But I have a pretty good sized list of jobs to apply to so I'm feeling hopeful. I guess at least it happened now and not in the spring when I'd be competing against all the new grads.

• @bethsmiles - I am so sorry, that's such bullshit! Keeping all my fingers crossed that something new (and better and less full of crap) shows up soon!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards