Ohio-Columbus

Wedding Reception at the Morgan House?

Has anybody ever been to (or had) a wedding at the Morgan House in Dublin, Ohio? I am thinking about having my spring wedding here. It is the perfect size for my small guest list of 50 people. They assured me that they do small weddings all the time, but I can't find ANY reviews from previous brides. I am just curious about other brides' experiences, tips about how to plan the event, etc. Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Reception at the Morgan House?

• No, I haven't been to one there. I have eaten there countless times. Do they close it for the day? Would all the guests fit in the large room? You don't have to navigate the gift shop in your wedding gown do you?? I know that's a dumb worry, but I'm imagining myself as a bride in a big dress being worse than a bull in a china shop in there :-p

It is a fun and pretty location, so it could be awesome. GL!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thanks! It's a sweet, rustic, space so I really like the idea of using it. The large room can seat up to 110 guests, but for weddings they recommend keeping it to about 50 people, because you need room for a dance floor, cake table,  etc. The restaurant closes at 5pm on Saturdays, so the venue is yours from 6:30pm on - although, as I'm writing this, I realized that I forgot to ask how late the event can go. Hopefully until at least 11pm, if it doesn't start until 6:30. The ceremony itself can be outdoors or indoors. Since mine is in the spring, I would probably do outdoors.

Btw, that's such a good point about the gift shop! I think the only entrance to the restaurant is through that door. And that also got me wondering about wheelchair accessibility. This is why I love reading this board - the little details! If anybody else out there has any feedback about the Morgan House as a wedding venue, please chime in!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards