Luxury Weddings

Biggest Luxury in Your Wedding

13»

Re: Biggest Luxury in Your Wedding

• The food and the open bar. We had a ton of food and a top shelf open bar with a flaming coffee station for dessert. I had really special musicians that would be a splurge for most people, but they were friends, so I paid little to nothing for them.
  • I'd have to say our venue, which is a boutique inn that we're renting for the weekend.  The custom menus and open bars for the welcome dinner and cocktail hour/reception, and farewell brunch are a second.  We didn't skimp on anything really, but some other touches are well stocked welcome bags, optional activies for the guests like golf, on top of the activities offered by the venue, refreshment station throughout weekend with water, tea, etc., treats for guests to feed the on-site horses, refreshment baskets in the restrooms.  We hope our guests feel taken care of and well hosted.
  • The catering. It's 75% of our budget. 
  • I would have to say our venue. I am from southern Califronia and we are getting married at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna beach. I love this venue, everyone is fantastic there!! Also since its a hotel a lot is already included in the price like food, rentals, bar, cake. 
  • @Kamaro23 I LOVE that hotel! Great choice!

From an unproportional share of the budget- that has to be the flowers. My FMIL is paying and she wants everything to be perfect, so she's going WAY overboard. I love the plan, but it is excessive.

The other big splurge is definitely the venues. Rose garden ceremony, hall reception. Can't freakin' wait!
  • sydneyvioletsydneyviolet member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2014
    offthemarket915 your wedding sounds stunning!

We have a private villa in Italy for a week where we will be hosting family for the whole week and friends for a long weekend surrounding the wedding. We have staff throughout the week but also have a Michelin starred chef preparing the wedding meal at the villa, as we only have 30 guests. My wedding stylist is making fantastic thank you gifts for guests and we will be having welcome baskets in the rooms on arrival. Super excited. 

• @sydneyviolet  Thanks!  We're having our final tasting this weekend, can't wait.

Wow a villa in Italy, sounds amazing!  When's the date?  Where in Italy?

We're just finalizing details for our HM which will be in Italy :)

• offthemarket915 Final tasting. Exciting times!

Mine is early September in the hills of Le Marche (south east of Tuscany). We wanted a rural location but the space to be clean and modern in design. So I found a renovated farmhouse which has been in lots of interior design mags etc. So it's really lovely. My partner and I hope to do something like this ourselves in the near future.

HM in Italy, how wonderful! I've found this website has some pretty great Italian travel suggestions in their Travel Directory. 
  • edited March 2014

@sydneyviolet  oh that sounds breathtaking! Best to you and your partner!

And thanks for the tip, I'll check them out!

• Our luxury is probably the food as well! My FI is a chef and very particular about food, which means great things for my future dinners! Haha. 

For our cocktail hour we are having:
    • Crabcakes
    • Seared tuna on cucumber slices with a lemon aioli
    • Pear & brie wrapped in phyllo
    • Asparagus and asiago wrapped in phyllo
    All of which are butler passed.  We will also have a fruit display with yogurt chocolate and other assorted dips.  A vegie tray with assorted dips and a cheese tray.

Then we will have salad as the first course. It'll be baby spinach tossed with dried cranberries, garlic & herbs Alouette, spicy pecans, sugared pecan smoked bacon and chopped egg and balsamic vinaigrette.

The salad is followed by an intermezzo sorbet as a pallet cleanser.

Then guest have a choice between these 3 for their main entree:
    • Pecan Roasted Salmon roasted on a silky pecan wood plank, basted with dijon & maple and topped with smoked tomato jam
    • Plantation Chicken pan seared, calabash style breast, stuffed with white cheddar, pesto, fire roasted red peppers & country ham over peppercorn velouté
    • Fillet with sea salt & peppercorn rubbed with garlic & herbs Alouette cheese, minced prosciutto cream sauce and tobacco onions
    Then wedding cake for dessert! We're having multiple flavor options.  Vanilla, chocolate, or marble with almond butter cream icing or chocolate with chocolate ganache and raspberry filling.

Then for late night snacks we will have grilled cheeses and chocolate chip cookies. 
  • itslizzyC said:
    Our luxury is probably the food as well! My FI is a chef and very particular about food, which means great things for my future dinners! Haha. 

For our cocktail hour we are having:
    • Crabcakes
    • Seared tuna on cucumber slices with a lemon aioli
    • Pear & brie wrapped in phyllo
    • Asparagus and asiago wrapped in phyllo
    All of which are butler passed.  We will also have a fruit display with yogurt chocolate and other assorted dips.  A vegie tray with assorted dips and a cheese tray.

Then we will have salad as the first course. It'll be baby spinach tossed with dried cranberries, garlic & herbs Alouette, spicy pecans, sugared pecan smoked bacon and chopped egg and balsamic vinaigrette.

The salad is followed by an intermezzo sorbet as a pallet cleanser.

Then guest have a choice between these 3 for their main entree:
    • Pecan Roasted Salmon roasted on a silky pecan wood plank, basted with dijon & maple and topped with smoked tomato jam
    • Plantation Chicken pan seared, calabash style breast, stuffed with white cheddar, pesto, fire roasted red peppers & country ham over peppercorn velouté
    • Fillet with sea salt & peppercorn rubbed with garlic & herbs Alouette cheese, minced prosciutto cream sauce and tobacco onions
    Then wedding cake for dessert! We're having multiple flavor options.  Vanilla, chocolate, or marble with almond butter cream icing or chocolate with chocolate ganache and raspberry filling.

Then for late night snacks we will have grilled cheeses and chocolate chip cookies. 
    Needles to say our tasting was AMAZING! We're also spluring on an open bar for the entire reception.
  • edited May 2014
    @Kamaro23 Such a gorgeous hotel! That place is definitely worth the splurge. 
  • edited May 2014
    Our biggest splurge is probably our venue (a winery in Sonoma County). The site fee for the property is 5 digits, and that includes JUST use of the property  for our wedding (no tables, chairs, food, etc.). Our next biggest splurge is probably catering, which will be about $10kish for 70 guests. Eeek! 
  • Our biggest splurge was the premium menu and bar.

My parents bought me my dress which would have been a splurge.
    Fiance is getting his suit custom made, so that will probably be a pretty penny... But his father is graciously getting that for him as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Without a doubt my biggest luxuries are the venue and my couture dress.

I'm not going to ruin the surprise and tell you my venue just yet, but will tell you that our ceremony will be located in Florence, Italy :D

As for my dress, i'm having a custom made haute couture bridal gown designed by Parisian designer Nabil Hayari, his work is amazing. Pictures are to come ladies :)

• Biggest splurges for the guests are the menu, open top shelf bar with frozen drinks and martinis, waterfront venue, a raw bar, and a photobooth that frames the photos and gives them to the guests.

Biggest splurges for me and FI are my shoes (I had them custom made from scratch and I'd do it again!) and having a yacht entrance into our cocktail hour.

And maybe an antique Rolls Royce for photos and transport but we're not sure

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue/reception site would be the biggest luxuries...but they are our figurative family so they were VERY helpful with price...so it wasn't as much of a splurge as it could have been (but considering that our guest list was only 7 people the price per person was insane!). Aside from that, flowers were a huge splurge (and knowing how they turned out...which was beautiful, I would have liked it all a bit smaller...).
  • My wedding plans didn't start a with a luxury pov until I saw my venue. An old mansion with a huge ballroom added on to the back of it with enough seating for 120 people in the cocktail room. The men have their own suite complete with indoor cigar smoking lounge. I have 2 bridal suites. 1 for before my reception with a full open private patio, full bathroom and lounge area. My second a lounge room with my own private bathroom. One wedding at a time. Open top shelf bar, sushi and filet mignon for our guests. It was breathtaking so of course we took it which ended up eating 75% of what my fiance refers to as the fake budget. So I would say that's where my biggest expense went.
  • Groom's parent's donated $10,000 to our alma mater and received a bench on campus in which they dedicated to us for our wedding day. It is located right outside of the chapel where we got married this year.  
  • My wedding plans didn't start a with a luxury pov until I saw my venue. An old mansion with a huge ballroom added on to the back of it with enough seating for 120 people in the cocktail room. The men have their own suite complete with indoor cigar smoking lounge. I have 2 bridal suites. 1 for before my reception with a full open private patio, full bathroom and lounge area. My second a lounge room with my own private bathroom. One wedding at a time. Open top shelf bar, sushi and filet mignon for our guests. It was breathtaking so of course we took it which ended up eating 75% of what my fiance refers to as the fake budget. So I would say that's where my biggest expense went.
    @mseminerio84 - what do you mean by "one wedding at a time"?  What do you need 2 bridal suites for, and why would one be before the reception?  Won't you be with your guests after the ceremony and before the reception?  Or maybe doing pictures - but why would you be hanging out in your own hotel suite?
  •  
    dcbride86 said:
    My wedding plans didn't start a with a luxury pov until I saw my venue. An old mansion with a huge ballroom added on to the back of it with enough seating for 120 people in the cocktail room. The men have their own suite complete with indoor cigar smoking lounge. I have 2 bridal suites. 1 for before my reception with a full open private patio, full bathroom and lounge area. My second a lounge room with my own private bathroom. One wedding at a time. Open top shelf bar, sushi and filet mignon for our guests. It was breathtaking so of course we took it which ended up eating 75% of what my fiance refers to as the fake budget. So I would say that's where my biggest expense went.
    @mseminerio84 - what do you mean by "one wedding at a time"?  What do you need 2 bridal suites for, and why would one be before the reception?  Won't you be with your guests after the ceremony and before the reception?  Or maybe doing pictures - but why would you be hanging out in your own hotel suite?

She means the venue only allows one wedding at a time. Some venues have multiple events going on at he same time.

•  
    dcbride86 said:
    My wedding plans didn't start a with a luxury pov until I saw my venue. An old mansion with a huge ballroom added on to the back of it with enough seating for 120 people in the cocktail room. The men have their own suite complete with indoor cigar smoking lounge. I have 2 bridal suites. 1 for before my reception with a full open private patio, full bathroom and lounge area. My second a lounge room with my own private bathroom. One wedding at a time. Open top shelf bar, sushi and filet mignon for our guests. It was breathtaking so of course we took it which ended up eating 75% of what my fiance refers to as the fake budget. So I would say that's where my biggest expense went.

She means the venue only allows one wedding at a time. Some venues have multiple events going on at he same time.

Oooh okay.  That makes sense - that's how my venue is as well.  I still don't understand what a person would do with 2 bridal suites though lol
  • I have the big one upstairs to have everyone gather to get our hair and makeup done. The small one is downstairs and very close to the sweetheart table so if I need to touch up or tinkle, I won't have to go far.
  • We are providing transportation for ALL wedding guests! Guests will be driven from their hotels to the ceremony and then to the reception and back to their hotels at the end of the night. The rehearsal dinner will also have full transportation. Very expensive, but such a thoughtful thing to do for guests!
  • zombie thread (6+ months old) 

-closing-

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards