Military Brides

Match military dress blues to my wedding

I am trying to match my bridesmaids dresses to my groomsmen. All the men will be in Army dress blues. I wanted to put the girls in navy blue dresses but now I'm wondering if that will all blend into a sea of navy blue. I want my colors to be blue, grey, and green, but the Army colors are all over the place. (black top with a light blue cord, royal blue pants with a gold stripe) Any ideas?

Re: Match military dress blues to my wedding

• Lol at my ASUs being "all over the place". Just have the colors you want, don't try and match. I had two uniforms for two different services, tuxes, and regular BM dresses. It looked awesome. As long as the level of formality matches.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2014
    I had the same dilemma as well! Coincidentally enough, my color scheme is the same as yours. We ended-up deciding that my fiance will be the only wearing dress blues while his groomsmen are going to wear grey tuxes. My bridesmaids are wearing navy that coincides with Brendan's uniform. However, we were originally going to have all of his groomsmen wear their dress blues and have the bridesmaids wear a light grey to stand out a bit. Like you, I didn't want to drown in a sea of navy!

Hope this helps!
  • I have attended several military weddings and have seen lavender dresses, peach dresses,sage green, blue, red, etc.

In all honesty it ALL looks great as long as the formality matches.  I see the uniform as a stand alone and the dresses as a stand alone.  I have to admit that my favorite was red because of how it really popped, but all of the weddings were lovely.

• It looks odd when it's too matchy. Just find a dress you like in a color you like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister did navy and champagne and it was very nice, her hubby is military as well.
  • I'm having my bridesmaids wear navy dresses to match dress blues. My colors are navy, gold, & white with emphasis on the gold and white! :)
  • My FH is wearing his dress blues as well. We've gone with gray tuxes with baby blue vests for the groomsmen and baby blue dresses with gray boleros for the bridesmaids.
  • I would probably do gray dresses if I were you, but whatever you choose will look very nice. Good luck!
  • I've been struggling with the same thing! I really want royal blue bridesmaid dresses (and sunflower bouquets!), but I was unsure if they will look okay with dress blues. Groom and groomsman will all be wearing dress blues.  
  • I've been struggling with the same thing! I really want royal blue bridesmaid dresses (and sunflower bouquets!), but I was unsure if they will look okay with dress blues. Groom and groomsman will all be wearing dress blues.  
    I think that would be pretty. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards