Michigan-Lansing

wedding photo warning

FYI:  I was warned prior to booking this vendor and did not listen and am now paying for it, so I want to make sure the same doesn't happen to any other brides.  I booked Jason Aten and was thrilled with what he showed in his albums. However, I was warned from a previous couple who got married in June the previous yr that they were still begging for thier pics after Christmas.  I thought that would never happen to me....well....my wedding was in August and it's almost March and I have yet to receive the photos, album or anything else promised to us.  We paid thousands of dollars and have nothing in return.  My husband has been calling him but he also doesn't return the calls.  Don't trust email either, the excuse that there must be something wrong with your email get VERY old.  Take this warning seriously...and don't make the same mistake I did.  and BTW...that's just the tip of the iceburg!

Re: wedding photo warning

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a signed contract (which I hope you do!), send him a registered letter that you expect everything outlined in the contract within 30 days or you will be taking him to small claims court.  Include a copy of the signed contract.

Make sure it's a registered letter so that you can guarantee it was received.  By day 31 if you don't have your items (and don't extend the deadline if he promises to get them to you), take him to court.  It's an annoying process but at least you will get your items, or at least your money back.
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.  You should defintely follow emarston's advice.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience.  I was actually surprised when he showed up on my wedding day.  Signed contract for two photographers... he showed up alone.  Asked to leave half an hour before we were finished.  Tried to get a hold of him weeks before the wedding to confirm times... ended up speaking to him on the way to the rehearsal.   He said he goes to the rehearsals to check out spots... said he wouldn't be coming.  He didn't get me the album, eventually promised to bring it to my office the day before Thanksgiving "to go above and beyond"... he stood me up.  He eventually brought the album to my house and said to make up for it he would order two parent books.  It's been 6 months and he won't return phone calls, though if marastarn is still waiting on her album, I hope she's ahead of me in line.  I actually am just writing this because I've been waiting so long I was wondering if others had similar experiences.

Be warned, his cousin is a lawyer, so you might get intimidated with the legal stuff.  This was such a disapointment... but the pictures are nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards