New Jersey

North Jersey Photographer Help!!

Hi everyone!

My fiancé, Matt, and I are looking for an affordable photography team for our Friday, May 8th wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. So far, we met with KS Photography who offered us a package of about $2600 that included things we didn't want such as thank you cards and engagement photos (we already had those done and my brother works for a printing company). They were unwilling to remove those things from the package claiming they were "complimentary". Many of the other companies I've spoken with have a similar story and most are more money. We're looking to spend around $2K for 2 photographers 10-12 hours with a photo gallery with rights to print and the photos on a USB. No bells, no whistles... Is this possible? Who have you worked with, how much was the package, and what did it include? I really appreciate any feedback you can provide! :)

Thanks,

Annie

Re: North Jersey Photographer Help!!

• Look at Marissa DeCinque.  She did the exact package for a friend of mine for about that price.  I was in the wedding party and she was very good and professional.  
  • Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Try Bernadette Marciniak Photography (www.fstopbm.com). She can work with you on a package that fits your needs. We used her for our wedding this summer, and are so pleased with her work.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Justin Pedrick was close to that when we spoke with him last month (we also wanted 2 photographers / 10 hours + add'l. hours TBD) http://www.justinpedrick.com/
  • majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2014

Justin Pedrick was one of our contenders. He seemed to know his stuff and take nice, artistic photos.

We also liked Susan Hennessey, We wanted an album, so she was going to be a little more, but without album, she is likely in or close to your budget.

• I think Jason Rhee is in your price range.  Not sure but he is amazing.

Anniversary

• I'm going with Kalen Foley for my NJ wedding: http://www.kalenfoley.com/. He's flexible with his packages. We're not interested in engagement photos either, so he took $250 off our package for that. He has a package for about $1500 that doesn't include an album or any extras like that. I think that all of his packages include himself and 1 additional photographer for the whole day and a usb drive with all of the pictures.
  • We are using Bryan Sargent.  He offered us $1500 for full-day coverage (just him) and an engagement session.  Our engagement photos came out fantastic.  He told us at the time he could add a second shooter but we decided we didn't need it-- but I think adding a second shooter would be within your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• For $1,500, what did you package include? Printed photos, albums, rights to your photos online?
  • I just booked my photographer for my wedding this summer, JC Ledezma (out of Parsippany). he does great work, refered to him by our friends who got married last summer. full day coverage, album, rights to photos online and dvd, engagement shoot and 50 thank you cards for around $1400. get photos back in a week, album takes about 3 months, get to choose 60 photos to put in the album. 
  • Thank you for all of the suggestions! We ended up going with Jason Rhee. He's a graphic designer by day and had the most beautiful albums. $2500 gets you full day coverage with all rights to print, an album, and 2 parent albums, which are really special. That was not something I thought I wanted until I saw his. Can't wait for our wedding Friday!
  • You get what you pay for
  • My Photographer has really good packages that are affordable. She lives in PA but is originally from Jersey so she travels frequently to Jersey. She is amazing. Vanessamarieblog.com 
  • I'm using Jarot Bocanegra Photography. http://www.jarotbocanegraphotography.com/

He falls within your price range and he'll work with you to stay within your budget. He's a nice, down to earth guy which is what we were looking for and I do love his work from his sites and portfolios. 

My wedding is April 2016. We're having 2 photographers, rights to our photos, all photos on a password protected site in Black and White and in color. He responds to texts quickly and stays in touch regularly. He includes engagement photo session as well but we still haven't decided whether we're having them done or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards