October 2013 Weddings

Substitutions for flowers for bridesmaids and groomsmen.

I'm getting married exactly one year from today! Really beginning to dive into planning and I have a conslutation set up with a florist but when I really began thinking about it, I don't want many flowers at all. I love them, they're gorgeous and I currently have a flower quarter sleeve, shoulder/backpiece in the works but they are expensive for something that will only last for MAYBE a week. 

So besides my bouquet, I don't think I want any flowers. What else could bridesmaids carry and what could be used for bouts for groomsmen? My colors are going to probably be a mercury/pewter color and sangria or plum (leaning more towards plum) with some Halloween details/accents. I LOVE Halloween. 

Re: Substitutions for flowers for bridesmaids and groomsmen.

• Our guys are wearing these...

And the girls will have matching hair pins.

As for your guys, you could make or find feather bouts in your colors. Girls, hmmm that one is a little difficult but I am sure some of the others have some good ideas.

• edited October 2012
    Bridesmaids:

Carry a peacock feather, parasal, a single bloom instead of a bouquet, a balloon, things of that nature.
    I also once saw the bridesmaids with one hand in a pocket (the dress had pockets) and the other holding a parasol.

For men, you can do bouts with tons of things - the peacock feather above is cute, there are also buttons. Google search restuls show buttons, feathers, and even a scrabble letter, butterflies, ribbon, king playing  card, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_substitutions-for-flowers-for-bridesmaids-and-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:534bfe5e-c323-4da8-a6c9-84ae1631b7edPost:abe35933-3fb8-4a07-8297-270ba4e12e04">Substitutions for flowers for bridesmaids and groomsmen.</a>:
    [QUOTE] So besides my bouquet, I don't think I want any flowers. 
    Posted by kfritz36[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG I've been singing the same song! I love flowers. I've been thinking about folded fabric roses and other various folded fabric flowers for my bridesmaids & MOH so they have keepsakes bouquets instead of dead flowers looming about. </div><div>
    </div><div>Here's a link to a blog that gives some diy starter ideas. The best fabric & paper flowers I have made came from the Martha Stewert webpage. My favorite is the coffee filter flowers for paper flowers.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://jamandtoastblog.com/diy/diy-wedding-flowers/" rel="nofollow">http://jamandtoastblog.com/diy/diy-wedding-flowers/</a></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • You could also make them small broach bouquets. Those are really popular right now.

• The feathers are really pretty, but they don't quite fit with my personality or my fiance's. Thanks for the ideas everyone!
  • Im having my mom make brooch bouquets. A bigger one for me and small ones for the girls. I have spent a good amount so far on broochs and jewelry such as necklaces and ear rings with a brooch look.... but Im buying them a few pieces at a time and they will last forever unlike flowers. Im not exactly sure on how to make matching bouts for the guys without it looking like they are wearing a brooch themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards