Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

2»

Re: Hump Day

• @AlPacina - all the thoughts for you!  I think @Swazzle maybe had that done, and someone else?  make sure and pamper yourself afterwards!  I will have to get a fine-needle aspirate done on my neck when I'm at my appt, and I'm dreading that.  OUCH.
  • @Twodimes We sent our Save The Dates at around 7 months out. I think you're fine as long as it's no later than 6 months in my opinion.

@CocoBellaF -Yep everything is ok (as far as I know), my OB wanted to check my hormone levels but all should be fine.

So in addition to Maddux's wormy butt he also has a small skin infection on his belly. We have to spray this stuff on it and it's supposed to clear up in a week. He does not like us spraying him I'll just say that lol. He also has gained like 17 lbs since they last weighed him, he is 67.3 lbs and they say he will probably get up to around 80 before he stops growing.
    Vi had to have some of this too, but it was on her cheek!! She HATED it. I usually had her sit, and then went behind her and held her with my legs, put my hand over her eye, and sprayed. She didn't like it, but she dealt with it. Her cheek hair is finally growing back - she had a little bald spot for a while, poor princess.

@TwoDimes - I want to snuggle her fat little puppy belly!! She is precious!! I'd also wait until January to send out the save the dates - you have time, and I definitely wouldn't want them to get lost in the shuffle.

@lmcooper86 - I agree with @swazzle about the house thing. FI didn't think he was going to like our house at all. We drove through the neighborhood one night, and he was still skeptical, and then we went to our first showing, and it was love. You might surprise yourself!

@allusive007 - I'm sending promotion vibes, and I hope you get to see that cute little face in your ultrasound!! :)

@peaseblossom55 - Good luck at the doctor! I hope they have a good solution for you.

@swazzle - I can't stop smiling for you :)

FI & I are going to do our Christmas shopping tonight after work. I have to run to the school store today to pick up some gear for my dad & grandfather, my mom & sister are getting gift cards, and I have to find something for my grandmother - maybe a nice throw? She likes to sit in her chair and read with a blanket, so I'm thinking something nice & cozy for her. I have no idea what we're getting FI's mom & stepdad. For my FBIL & FSIL, we like to do the same kind of gifts for each other - last year we got each other board games, this year we're doing a crazy/weird coffee table book and five bottles of wine. Since we both just bought houses, it's fun - and who doesn't need to stock the wine rack?!

Friday night, we'll go to one of our neighbors homes for a "coffee & cookie party" - they live across the street, and have been SO nice & welcoming. I'm hoping we can meet a few other people on the street so we can become friendly. I love our cute little neighborhood, so I'm excited.

Saturday morning, we're off to Maine!! YAYYYYY!! I am SO excited. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Post and run (at least for now).

I cannot find my desk key for my work cabinet!  So annoying, thankfully not much is in my desk I need (mostly snacks, extra paper pens, I have a sweater stuffed in there and my disinfectant wipes - a few other odds and ends).

I got home from work last night and went right to bed.  H called me on his way home to tell me about his day (he needed to blow off some steam, one of his co-workers deleted a bunch of stuff and he had to restore it because he's the only one who knows what he's doing).  So H got home, ate, logged into work, I slept on the couch and finally just went to bed around 10PM; H didn't make it to bed until after 2AM!!

Anniversary
  • @GoldenPenguin - Where did the goats come from?!?

• @AlPacina - Good luck with your appointment! It is not fun at all so be sure to take the rest of the day off to rest and eat some goodies. After my colposcopy, the cells had progressed to the next stage and I had to have cryosurgery (to freeze them off). THAT was terrible, but I survived and now I'm free of the bad cells and HPV. 

• @AlPacina - that goat is my spirit animal. RADICAL!!

*******************************************************************************************

• @AlPacina - thanks! That's what I was thinking too. Like how terribly anti-climactic it would be to only open 4 boxes on Christmas. I think I'm going to wrap them individually, then put them in a bigger box for each category and wrap that.

Also, I've had a few calposcopies over my lifetime, and they're not super painful. More just discomfort and I had cramping afterward. But totally survivable. And I've ended up having that come back positive and had a LEEP done. That was nearly a decade ago and I've been fine since. T&P for you today!

@southernpeach89 - I'm SO sorry to hear about your experience. All the HUGS coming your way.  

• @alpacina - we were posting at the same time, but yes, I've had numerous colps and a LEEP. Take some pain reliever beforehand, if you can. The colp isn't TOO bad - I've always been able to go back to work afterwards. Sending you lots of vibes for your cervix!! 

• @CocoBellaF - Good luck at your appointment! I don't like needles anywhere near me, let alone my neck. I'd take a sharp object inside my lady parts before a needle in the neck ;) I promise that was a joke.

@Swazzle - Thank you for the advice. It really does help knowing this isn't super uncommon.

@GoldenPenguin - I totally feel it. You both seem like you know how to get the most out of life. The goat kind of makes me think of "Extreme Kayaking!" from Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. And thanks for the cervix vibes!

@Ollie08 - Thanks lady!

• @alpacina I've had a colposcopy too and I think I made it way worse than it really is because I'm a HUGE baby. Take some pain reliever beforehand and try not to stress too much! I had to have a LEEP too and I got knocked out for that so there was no pain involved! The whole experience was scary- your doc telling you have precancerous cells is terrifying! But it takes YEARS for it to progress so if you do need to get anything removed you should be fine. 
    I had mine done probably more than 5 years ago and I've been good since. Knock on wood!

• @lmcooper86 I forgot to ask, how are your sinuses today? I hope you're feeling better!

• Thanks for all the vibes and thoughts for my little fella. I finally gave up listening to that stupid message over and over and waited till the after hours/emergency line folks picked up. Turns out the office is open and they are there, they're just super swamped because apparently every kid in my county has the flu. Yay. The emergency folks got me through to the receptionist though, and we have an appointment at 2:30 this afternoon.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @GoldenPenguin -Aw poor Vi, I hope that it goes away soon. He always tries to lick it off so the vet was telling us to spray it before we go on a walk. I'm afraid he is just going to sit down in the middle of the side walk and start licking himself.
  • After not sleeping very much on Monday night (I got maybe 3 hours of sleep), I could not sleep again last night, and I ended up throwing up a bunch around 3am. I finally fell asleep around 5 and woke up at noon. I do not feel well :(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @CocoBellaF, 60 here does actually feel chilly (this is coming from a native NY'er who is used to 0 degree winters). However, a warm sweatshirt and jeans is pretty much all you need. Maybe a light jacket. The wind blows off of the ocean, and that cools things down a lot. You will see people wearing full parkas and gloves when it drops below 65, but those are the natives who have never experienced a real winter. Anything above 70 is considered beach weather, so pack accordingly :). I would say many summer clothes (including swimsuits, towels, and flip flops!), but also pack for a few chilly summer nights, and you should be fine. People pretty much wear shorts, T-shirts, sandals, and sundresses 24/7 here if it is above 70 degrees. 

Also, pro tip: only the tourists call it "Cali". Call it San Diego or SoCal (Natives really hate "Cali" and will yell at you for it). 

• @AlPacina good luck today! I hope everything goes well and they don't find cancer. Sending all the good vibes your way!

@eilis1228 I love that seal! That is amazing! 

@TwoDimes OH. MY. GOSH. That puppy is adorable! 

I did not sleep well at all last night. My jaw is still bothering me, but I did go into work today. Fortunately it is a pretty easy day again with only having to send a few emails. Then, our manager is taking the team out for Happy Hour from 3:30 to 6 pm at a local bar/brewery. It's to celebrate the end of the year (basically our Holiday Party/get together). Unfortunately with all of the pain killers that I am on, I can't drink :(. But I am still going to go and eat delicious free food (if there are some soft food options that I can chew; something like french fries should be okay for my jaw) and hang out with my coworkers who will probably be tipsy, so it should be a good time. 

I am also getting excited for the wedding on Saturday, but BF's mother has really been getting on my nerves. I am starting to learn that his family is very go with the flow, and that doesn't work well with my Type A personality. She told me months ago that she booked a room for me and BF at the hotel (we didn't ask her to; she just did it and told us afterward). I thanked her and thought that was it (I also thought we would have it to ourselves). Last night, she texts BF asking if it is okay that we are sharing a room with two other people. They are BF's friends, so I can deal for two nights (they are hilarious), but really? You only think that there might be an issue with it TWO DAYS before we are supposed to check in when you knew this for MONTHS? And if there was an issue, why would you think that we could change it TWO DAYS before hand when the hotel is literally right next door to the banquet hall of this massive wedding and all of the rooms are probably full by now? This isn't the only issue like this that I have had with her for this whole thing either. Trying to figure out how BF and I were getting from the airport to the hotel 30 minutes away and getting back upstate after the wedding was also a nightmare. I asked her months ago if she could help us with that as well and she still couldn't give me an answer this past Sunday (i.e. 6 days before the wedding!). We booked a rental car that we are going to drive back to Albany after the wedding. And now she is still asking BF to cancel the rental because we can carpool with other people that are going (even though she hasn't asked them if that's okay). We made plans to visit some of my family on our way back upstate, so we are not canceling it. Rant over. Sorry ladies, just had to get that out so that I don't lash out at her, because I do love her, but this has been ridiculous. 

• @aurorarose41 - I just wish I wasn't going to be gone like the whole time you were back in town so that we could meet up for lunch or something!! :(

• @GoldenPenguin :(. Well I know I will be back in the area a few more times in 2015! When do you come back from Maine? 

• I won't be back here until probably the 26th or 27th. 

• @swazzle we are having our mini hot water heater (it heats our kitchen sink and dishwasher?) replaced cause it busted the other day. We are also having our chimney cleaned haha. I'm just imagining Mary poppins.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I won't be back here until probably the 26th or 27th. 
    I'm in the area until January 4! We could totally get lunch the week after Christmas! :)

• OOOH YAY!!! :-D

• @GoldenPenguin :D. We just may have to pick somewhere that has a large parking area/can accommodate an extremely large pick up truck since that is the vehicle that I will have access to most likely and I am not very familiar with parking it in tight places yet (It's my dad's truck). It's huge compared to my Subaru. 

• @aurorarose41 I'd be SUPER annoyed at the hotel situation too. She booked you a room that 2 other people are staying in? So 4 people getting ready for a wedding in 1 room and no privacy? 
    I need to be in control at all times so I would probably have already booked my own room before she did haha and I need my space! I'd be going crazy if I were you. 

• @lavenderfields13 I normally would have booked my own room for me and BF too. She booked it before I even knew the date of the wedding! It's her best friend that is getting married, and BF grew up knowing him (one of those situations where you call the person "Uncle" even if you aren't related). So she knew the date, location, and hotel block before we even received the save the date! Fortunately I am the only girl in the room, so I will tell BF and his friends that the bathroom is mine for at least 3 hours prior to the wedding! They should understand too, but it still was a "Really?" moment for me. 

• @GoldenPenguin - I've already been surprised by a couple houses, even though they ended up being wrong for us for other reasons. I know there's only so much we can tell from pictures and I'm open to just about anything...just not sketchville. I would rather live in a box by the river than buy a house in that area!

@eilis1228 - They're pretty much the same. I can't tell if I'm getting sick or if there's just suddenly a lot of cat hair on my bed and it's making me stuffy. I totally forgot that I had a full afternoon meeting yesterday so I'm going to hit the walk-in this afternoon if I'm not feeling better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards