Wedding Etiquette Forum

Upgrade table linens?

2»

Re: Upgrade table linens?

• On the chargers question, depends on the plate, but I'm a fan of round because I think it flows more with the shape of the table. In regards to the linens, what about a overlay in a sheer silver or light champagne (to compliment the off white & the silver would really pop on it) to add a contrast between the table & the flowers?

• disaiak said:
    LOL at everyone freaking out over $1300 on linens.  $1300 is less than 1% of my total budget, so, in the grand scheme of things, it is not a huge expense for us. 
    Way to sound like a rich snob to everyone else. to MOST people, 1300 is a lot of money esp for something like tablecloths
  • disaiak said:
    LOL at everyone freaking out over $1300 on linens.  $1300 is less than 1% of my total budget, so, in the grand scheme of things, it is not a huge expense for us. 
    Soo….You're having a $130,000+ wedding?

Yeah, it's not nice to throw your high wedding price tag around and "LOL" at other peoples' budgets. Very snobbish. Just saying.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• disaiak said:

disaiak said:

Not really super cute to "LOL" over other people's budgets.  Because rereading your post, you definitely generalized $1300 as a "nominal expense".

Yeah, absolutely NOT what I was saying but nice try! 

The OP stated she's having an OBT wedding, so my assumption was that she's not working with a smaller budget and upgrading the linens would be worth it, IMO and not a buget breaker.  I  did not mean to offend anyone, so my apologies.

No offense to the OP here, but generally OBT weddings are not crazy high end because people are trying to get their guests to dress up black tie and "class it up"

Anniversary
  • IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Soo….You're having a $130,000+ wedding?

Yeah, it's not nice to throw your high wedding price tag around and "LOL" at other peoples' budgets. Very snobbish. Just saying.

I almost just SHAT myself! My wedding is NOWHERE near 130k, I am just REALLY bad at math.  WOW.  Yes, I'm a dumb a$$. 
  • We upgraded the linens.  For us it was also a matter of keeping closer to our color scheme.  Our colors were purple and silver.  The venue's basics involved white, brown, teal. It was pretty, but it didn't really match with our wedding.  We also rented chairs and charger plates.  It made for a gorgeous room when everyone walked in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards