Chit Chat

UO

Re: UO

• Roast (Michael Symon's restaurant in Detroit) has amazing Brussels sprouts fried in bacon fat..
    my DH does amazing Brussels sprout also.   I don't even really like Brussels sprouts, but eat his.  At work, he never does it at home.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Roast (Michael Symon's restaurant in Detroit) has amazing Brussels sprouts fried in bacon fat..

I am attempting a recipe like this for Xmas dinner. Something tells me I am just going to make a huge mess.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2015
  • I haaate Maroon 5. 

I used to show dogs so I think responsible breeding has its place. My current dog is from the shelter only because I knew it would be a long time before I'd have time to compete again, and my first dog was from a shelter as well. As soon as we can get another dog though, it'll be a Border Collie bred to do well in both conformation and herding. Someday I would like to breed myself, as there's a huge divide in the BC community and would like to fill the niche of dogs that can do both. 

Unfortunately 95% of the "breeders" out there are schmucks that breed randomly so they can make $200 per puppy or whatever, don't give a shit where it ends up, and give the good ones a bad name. 
  • I will always have a bulldog (and will always pay way too much money for said bulldog from a breeder). And I will always have a mutt (that I rescue/adopt/whatever the fuck you want to call it).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will always have a bulldog (and will always pay way too much money for said bulldog from a breeder). And I will always have a mutt (that I rescue/adopt/whatever the fuck you want to call it).
    Bulldogs 4 lyfe. 

Except I don't think I could ever get another American Bulldog. Edna is the bestest ever and nothing will ever compare to her. I cry just thinking about how her life is already probably half over. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    Bulldogs 4 lyfe. 

Except I don't think I could ever get another American Bulldog. Edna is the bestest ever and nothing will ever compare to her. I cry just thinking about how her life is already probably half over. 
    You sound like my H! Just last night he was getting all mopey at the thought of Gus being old and the reality that we are likely down to just a couple of years, at best, with him. I reminded him that there will never ever in the whole wide world be another Gus, but that the beauty of bulldogs is that they are all so freaking uniquie in personality, while at the same time being so bulldog-like the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    That's pretty much the only way I'll eat them.

I have had them quartered and fried in duck fat. They could easily replace popcorn.
    OMG I need to do this. I have leftover duck fat in my freezer and have been looking for something to do with it.

• I hate Scarlett Johansen.  Even though I met her once and she was nice to me and told me she liked my shoes.  I just hate her.

Bulldogs 4 lyfe. 

You sound like my H! Just last night he was getting all mopey at the thought of Gus being old and the reality that we are likely down to just a couple of years, at best, with him. I reminded him that there will never ever in the whole wide world be another Gus, but that the beauty of bulldogs is that they are all so freaking uniquie in personality, while at the same time being so bulldog-like the same

-------------------SIB------------------------
    Same here.  I don't think I'll ever not have a bulldog.  Mine's still young (almost 2) and even I get sad thinking about him being old.  I LOVE their personalities.
    Bulldogs 4 lyfe. 

Every once in awhile I think "oh gosh, Gracie has maybe 9-10 years left."  I mean that is a long time but the past 3.5 years have just flown so I understand how you feel.

Another annoyance...that dogs can't live longer then ~15 years.

• KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    I can't stand Ed Sheeran. He is unspeakably bland and mediocre.

I used to think Nick Jonas was trying too hard and I hated "Jealous" but...he's winning me over with shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMb_cBv3iks 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • another thing i absolutely hate is UGG boots. my niece wears a size 11 (at the age of 13) and thinks they look cute. they look like a damn clown shoe and they arent cute. wear something else. 
  • mrsk616 said:
    another thing i absolutely hate is UGG boots. my niece wears a size 11 (at the age of 13) and thinks they look cute. they look like a damn clown shoe and they arent cute. wear something else. 
    Well if you have a size 11 foot at age 13 (especially if your height doesn't really match with the shoe size) then almost anything will look like clown shoes.

• I can't stand Ed Sheeran. He is unspeakably bland and mediocre.

I used to think Nick Jonas was trying too hard and I hated "Jealous" but...he's winning me over with shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMb_cBv3iks 
    I can't stand Ed Sheeran's songs either. I don't even know why - there's nothing in particular about them that annoys me. 

• edited June 2015
  • This is going to be my last Christmas with the family dog, who I honestly didn't know if she would make it to us seeing her this christmas. She's a wildly overbred lab who has had so many problems and surgeries over the years, and now her cancer and age (12) is just starting to wear her down. On one hand, the problems my parents have had with their 4 labs have made it so I'm never going to buy a lab from a breeder myself. On the other hand, I really can say that labs are wonderful, loveable dogs, and I would love to see a mutt at the shelter with their attributes.
    H's dog is an English pointer/black lab mix (with possibly a little Border Collie) and she is the sweetest thing. Dumb as shit, but a sweetheart. :)

But the best, smartest, most loyal dog I've ever had was the golden retriever/ 1/16th Irish setter we had growing up. My uncle's dog had accidental puppies so we got the supposed "runt of the litter" who was 70lbs on a good day. I miss that dog so much.

• jenna8984 said:

I see we are all SUPER productive at work these days leading up to Christmas break :)

For real, like every thread has gotten so much action in the last 3 days- I love it.

Another UO- I hate people who order their steak well done. Just order fucking meatloaf if you want that cow travesty.

HEY! I am "working." I took my blackberry with me when I went to get my manicure! I even set it on the table. I think that counts as working.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm off today. Supposed to be finishing up the project I didn't finish all week because I was dicking around here. So far I've opened the file. 

I've also had two giant mugs of coffee, about 1/4 brick of goat's milk cheddar, and put on my slippers.

• I can't stand Ed Sheeran. He is unspeakably bland and mediocre.

Cannot stand Ed Sheeran. I watched him on SNL and he was awful live.

Nick Jonas has definitely won me over...his Calvin Klein ad didn't hurt either.

• I hate Scarlett Johansen.  Even though I met her once and she was nice to me and told me she liked my shoes.  I just hate her.
    Yes!  I also hate Matthew McConaughey and Andie MacDowell, but not as much as her.  
  • I hate Dennis Leary. I have no idea why. Just hate. that. guy. I also hate the guy from Dirty Jobs for no reason. I watch the science channel at night to sleep to since I find science incredibly boring. The space shows are the best/most boring but I HATE the ones he narrates. Ugh. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards