Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wychmere Rehearsal Dinner Help

I am getting married August 8 at Wychmere in Harwich Port.  We are having trouble finding a restaurant for our rehearsal dinner the night before.  We have a party of 22 people. We have been calling a few places (Ocean House, Chatham Bars Inn, Wild Goose Tavern) and none of them seat that many people during that time of year...nor do they have a private room they can offer us.  This is probably the craziest thing I have ever heard but it is what they are saying.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for a restaurant that will seat that many people? 

Re: Wychmere Rehearsal Dinner Help

• Have you tried L'Alouette? I know they're under new owners so not sure if the name has changed, but I know they do wedding and rehearsal dinners. Also maybe Villa Roma just because they're food is fantastic. 22 people would probably fill the whole restaurant.

This is why I hate Cape Cod sometimes, something that would be normal on the mainland is hard to come by here because you have to compete with 'tourist bucks' I've heard a lot of restaurants will let you rent the place out for your own party if you pay the equivalent of what they estimate their profits from that night would be. Could be pricey that way, but may be the only way to have a place to yourself in August on Cape. 

Is there any reason you can't have your rehearsal at Wychmere also?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks! I will definitely give those two places a try.  We have looked into Wychmere but I think we want to use that as a back up because we want to try something different since we will be eating there the next day for the wedding! 
  • Ugh, this was so stressful for us, too! Depending on your budget, what about Wequassett? I know they have a couple of private spaces. We ended up choosing Dennis Inn (which is a little far away, but FI's family is in Brewster, so made sense for us), but we also had a bigger group, so I don't know if that would make sense for you. 
  • Try the Cape Sea Grille in Harwich Port. They do have a room that they can separate I believe for a private party of around that size. Also, I have heard the food is really good.
  • We are having our rehearsal at Ocean Edge in Brewster. They have a few really great private rooms to choose from, some of which have balconies that overlook the bay. I would defitnitely try them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards