Registry and Gift Forum

Where'd it go?

So, just got married, also just moved. When we set up our two registries (BB&B and Target), I put my apartment address (different state). When I moved, I remembered to change the BB&B registry address, but not the Target one. Fast forward to the day of the wedding, family member mentions how convenient it was to just go online and order something as a wedding present instead of having to bring it on the plane. Cool, we are clued in. Didn't get anything the week we got back, figured it was because she didn't know if we were taking a honeymoon so she delayed shipping. I checked the registry and on the Target one, there are clearly items that were recently purchased off the registry that we haven't gotten. Still haven't gotten it and today I realized it would have been shipped to my old address. So I called my (super great and on-top-of-things) old apartment complex, and they haven't seen it. I'm on the phone with Target customer service right now (on hold, of course), but I'm not sure what else to do? Call the family member? Is there a non-tacky way to word "hey didn't you say you had sent us something because I have no clue what happened to it"? I obviously also haven't written a TY for the invisible gift, but as rare as those are nowadays, she might just think we are assholes.

Re: Where'd it go?

• Ugghh, that stinks!  What did Target say?
  • Target says that we have to contact the gift giver (I HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT PERSON) to get an order number, and that if they get that, they can send a replacement. Obviously, that's a cluster because.... what if she's not the person that ordered something from Target? What if it was someone else? What does Target think I am supposed to do, interrogate my guests to find the missing gifts? That is so not going to happen, but I am sad. First because I really wanted that game (Settlers of Cataan 2-person card game), and second because.... wow, someone is going to think we are major asshats, if this turns out to not be this family member.
  • Can you have your mom or someone else put out feelers to that family member?  Otherwise, perhaps that family member (or whoever it was) will ask you sometime (in the near future, hopefully!) if you like or have played the game.  That's an awful situation.  Hope it works out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards