Chit Chat

Reign Aston?

Thoughts on the new Kardashian baby (Kourtney and Scott's) name? I kiiiiind of like it, but maybe that's just relief on my part that is wasn't something worse (I heard a rumor they were considering Jeffrey- possibly that was Scott's late father's name or something along those lines- which I thought was awful). I would have preferred it spelled "Rainn" though!

Re: Reign Aston?

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Naming a kid after a deceased father/grandfather is awful?

ETA - Scott is Jewish.  It's not unusual for Jews to name a child after a close deceased family member.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Is it really the name? I hadn't heard it yet and that's really surprising for them since the other kids are normal. I think it's top ten worst I've ever heard. Did you seriously say Jeffrey was awful??? That's such a classic, normal, good name. Especially to honor a loved one, I'd absolutely use my father's name if he passed.

• lyndausvi said:

Naming a kid after a deceased father/grandfather is awful?

OMG sorry I just realized I worded that terribly... no I just think the name Jeffrey is not my fav. (no offense to anyone with that name) and that got conflated with me just offering an aside about why I think I heard they were considering that name since it doesn't seem like something they would usually choose (you know, celebrities always being more "creative" with their names and whatnot).
  • Jeffrey isn't a terrible name......and it's nice to honor a loved one. My parents did not name me after grandmothers (good to me, because I hate their names), but my brother was named after his maternal grandfather, who was killed in a train accident in the early 1950s. Brother was the first boy born in the family after his grandfather's death (4 girls prior), so it was their way of honoring the memory.  Heck, DH's middle name is his Dad's middle name, and that name was the first name of an uncle who was killed in a sledding accident when he was 9 and FIL was still in utero.

If elder niece had been a boy, her first name would have been grandaddy's middle name. I fully intend to use the original or a form of my dad's name, Brian, for a boy or girl (girl would get Brianna) somewhere in their name. I'm going to use the first name of the woman who has been my adopted grandmother since prior to my birth as a girl's name. 

Honoring family members isn't a bad thing.

On the name "Reign" that just feels like typical Kardashian-ism to me. A king or queen "reigns" over their subjects. "Aston" just makes me think of 007 and his favorite cars.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Regin is a verb.  Meaning, hold royal office.     Considering Scott likes to be called Lord Disick I'm not surprised.  

Rainn (did you really mean 2 "n"?) would have a different meaning.

I really don't like verbs as proper names.   Although, honestly, I'm just yapping. I really don't give a shit.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • edited December 2014
    I think it's the most pretentious name ever. Really, a word that means "rule" and a luxury car? Barf.

• lyndausvi said:

Regin is a verb.  Meaning, hold royal office.     Considering Scott likes to be called Lord Disick I'm not surprised.  

Rainn (did you really mean 2 "n"?) would have a different meaning.

I really don't like verbs as proper names.   Although, honestly, I'm just yapping. I really don't give a shit.
    Yeah I like Rainn with two "n's" as in Rainn Wilson (Dwight from the Office lol) but you're right that would be a different meaning.

Also yeah definitely just made the Lord Disick connection wow loooool.
  • I think it's the most pretentious name ever. Really, a word that means "rule" and a luxury car? Barf.

I think its #2 to lil Kim's daughter- royal reign

• If you google Rainn  - Rape and incest national network pops up.

• I was recently looking at a bunch of exhibits for a case....a name in there was actually "abcde." I nearly spit water all over the exhibit.
  • I was recently looking at a bunch of exhibits for a case....a name in there was actually "abcde." I nearly spit water all over the exhibit.
    Ok I seriously remember seeing that name in the news recently. I don't remember what the story was about but I spent probably a good 5 minutes just trying to figure out how that would be pronounced.
  • jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

I was recently looking at a bunch of exhibits for a case....a name in there was actually "abcde." I nearly spit water all over the exhibit.

Ok I seriously remember seeing that name in the news recently. I don't remember what the story was about but I spent probably a good 5 minutes just trying to figure out how that would be pronounced.

Sib

I've heard it as ab-sid-ee

• That name is terrible.
  • I honestly thought the title of the thread was some kind of car.

imageimage

• Reign Aston is a fucking terrible name.

Anniversary
  • Remember on The Office when everyone was pronouncing Jan's baby's name Astrid as Ass-Turd? This is her cousin, Ass-Ton.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards