Wedding Party
Options

Bill Levkoff plus sized bridesmaid question!

Hello! I went today with my mom, FMIL, and two Maids of Honor (best friend and cousin) back to Macy's bridal salon so that I could try on my gown with my mom's veil. It was wonderful. My best friend/MOH is a beautiful (inside and out) plus sized lady. I was concerned about her fitting into the plus sizes as I don't know her exact size. The consultant offered to measure both of my MOHs today, so that she could start their file and just to be sure that my MOH was good for the sizing. She is just over (an inch) the largest size. The consultant said that as long as she stays the same it should be fine, as they can add panels. Does anyone have experience with this, or any advice as how to proceed? I don't want to hurt my MOHs feelings, and she is sensitive about this topic. Feeling a little lost about this one. Any advice or help is appreciated!

Re: Bill Levkoff plus sized bridesmaid question!

• Options
    Hello! I went today with my mom, FMIL, and two Maids of Honor (best friend and cousin) back to Macy's bridal salon so that I could try on my gown with my mom's veil. It was wonderful. My best friend/MOH is a beautiful (inside and out) plus sized lady. I was concerned about her fitting into the plus sizes as I don't know her exact size. The consultant offered to measure both of my MOHs today, so that she could start their file and just to be sure that my MOH was good for the sizing. She is just over (an inch) the largest size. The consultant said that as long as she stays the same it should be fine, as they can add panels. Does anyone have experience with this, or any advice as how to proceed? I don't want to hurt my MOHs feelings, and she is sensitive about this topic. Feeling a little lost about this one. Any advice or help is appreciated!
    When is your wedding? Her size could change in either direction between now and then. If it is soon and dresses need to be purchased now, I would shop for different dresses. I would find something that she will fit into without the need for panels.
  • Options
    lc07 Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    As someone who is...zaftig, please find dresses somewhere else.  Even the most confident of plus-size gals will find it soul-crushing to realize they max out the largest size available.  Alfred Angelo and Dessy both carry up to size 30 - I would start there.
  • Options
    I know WTOO carries up to size 32 (just ordered a dress in that size on Friday from them.) I would look around for something else. I'd hate to take that chance and the dress doesn't fit right and she doesnt feel comfortable. That would be awful. I would feel terrible.

• Options
    YES, it would be horrible. I can't imagine putting her through that. They carry Dessy at Macy's as well, similarly priced, they have the right color, I think that's my best option. Thanks SO much for the wisdom.
  • Options
    I'm sure you have solved this before but I had a friend in the same situation and they ended up ordering more of the fabric from the designer for the dress to be altered because two of the girls had already bought the dress when the one figured out it wouldn't come in her size. It was hugely stressful for them and I think going back she would have wished to have picked another dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards