Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

XP: Changing rings?

Facing a difficult decision at the moment. So after my grandmother whom I was very close to passed away in September, I ended up with her engagement ring. For Christmas, my FI's parents got the ring cleaned up and resized. Luckily it could be resized as the band is quite thin. It's a beautiful ring, yellow gold with a small bezel set diamond and white gold almost Celtic looking inscriptions on the sides. It still needs a bit of work (a small fill with gold to fill in a crack and some gold to build up the shank), but I adore the ring. Now here comes the hard part.

FI and I have spoken in great deal about this. Bottom line: he would have used the ring to propose if he had had it at the time. I love the ring he got me, don't get me wrong, but my grandmother's means so so so much to me. I am considering changing rings. Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing this? FI is 100% in the discussion and just wants me to be happy. He said he will support me if I decide to use my grandmother's ring. If I do do this, I will be keeping my original ring and maybe using it as a necklace or on my other hand or something. My grandmother's ring just doesn't feel right on my right hand. I can't explain why, it just doesn't.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: XP: Changing rings?

• Options
    There is nothing wrong with using your grandmother's ring as your engagement ring if it means that much to you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

My husband didn't want to get me the "wrong" ring, so he proposed with a "temporary" ring and we picked out mine a couple months later.  I see no issue with wearing a different ring then what was originally proposed with, if you and him are both happy with that decision. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards