Wisconsin

Southern Wisconsin/northern Illinois tented reception venue?

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone knows of a good location in southern WI or northern IL that has an area for an outdoor ceremony and either an on-site tent or an area for a rented tent? Ideally, someplace with nice outdoor scenery and not a golf club. Thanks!

Re: Southern Wisconsin/northern Illinois tented reception venue?

• Yes! I'm having my wedding at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc. They have a lovely outdoor area with a gazebo and a large tent. I would highly recommend it!
  • Have you looked at any the resorts in Wisconsin Dells?
  • Hey, I work for City of Madison Parks department (just on here browsing for my own wedding) and there are quite a few Madison parks that fit what you're looking for!! My personal favorites would be Olin Park, Tenney Park, and Hoyt Park... but there's tons of others also.  If you go to the city of Madison web site you can find more info.  Most of the ones you can rent for weddings have shelters, Tenney even has a kitchen.
  • @cb99 Late to the game here and not sure what east/west part of the state you're seeking - Check out Chestnut Mountain over near Galena,IL (not sure what section of border you're looking for...  We attended a conference there where many of the events were out in a tent... 

Otherwise the Rock County Fairgrounds has quite a few offerings!!  I've been to quite a few events there during non-fair season and appreciate the options available. 

• Can I ask how much it costs at the Olympia?  And how much the food/beverage minimum is?

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2014
    My friend had her wedding at Nippersink Country Club in that area.  Not sure if they would do a tent outside, but they had an outdoor area for the ceremony and indoor space to rent for the reception.  I couldn't see it in person because my sister got married the same day :(
  • Oakhill is beautiful and just outside of Galena, IL. My brother got married there- small chapel and old school house on site with a "permanent" tent and cement floor. Beautiful venue!
    I'm getting married at Folklore Village, about an hour west of Madison. There is also a chapel on site (but too small for us) as well as a hall. We're bringing in a tent for a reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards