October 2015 Weddings
Options

Proposal story and ring! :)

So I may have mentioned... we did things kind of backwards. We started planning before he actually "proposed." We knew we wanted to get married, but we wanted to wait until Christmastime to announce our engagement. FI said he was still going to surprise me with a proposal, even though I already knew the ring was coming. So I had no idea what he was planning! 

The morning of Christmas Eve, he told me that he wanted to play a song he wrote for me (he's a musician). So I set up my iPhone on a tripod and hit record, because who doesn't want to record a song that was written for them (and I obviously had an idea that this was the proposal)! Well the song was full of inside jokes and really sweet lyrics, and at the end, he got down on one knee and pulled the ring out of his pocket. And of course, I said yes yes yes and couldn't wait for him to put it on me, so I ripped it out of the box and shoved it on my finger and cried and kissed and cried and kissed and now we're OFFICIALLY engaged. :)

We picked my ring out together on Etsy--the jeweler is JanishJewels out of New York, and it's a certified conflict-free diamond, rose cut, in recycled yellow gold. I love it because it's unique, eco-friendly, and conflict-free. It has a beautiful vintage feel to it and it's a one-of-a-kind piece. I feel like the luckiest woman alive to be marrying this man. Hope all your holidays were spectacular!

Re: Proposal story and ring! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards