Wedding Woes

So any NYE plans?

We're having friends and my sisters over.  There's only going to be 10-11 of us.   We're doing a late dinner and then probably playing cards and board games.  And drinking. 

The kids are going to my parent's house. My parents have done NYE with the grandkids the last few years and they love it. 

Re: So any NYE plans?

• Nothing concrete.  Though I have a few invites in the wings.  H wants to go to one friend's house, that'll probably be a snooze fest, but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.  When I'd rather to go to OTHER friend's house.  Yep.  We shall see.
  • We were asked to host something, but I don't think we want to.  I've been feeling introverted lately and that usually means I need some recharging.  So, probably nothing.
  • No idea. My sister apparently made dinner reservations at a place for 4, but she hasn't said a word to me about it. My mom said she'd watch the kids and we could go with them and then stay overnight. Apparently, their neighborhood does a NYE party on the block. DH is an introvert and doing this would be miserable, and I don't know if I want to deal with him being like that. Plus we have SIL and BIL's birthdays on the 1st and 2nd so no idea what we'll do with DH's side of the family (hopefully nothing).
  • I'm heading right around the corner to a little cafe that does live music.  A folk group I've been wanting to see called Small Potatoes is "headlining" and there's different acts like every 15 minutes.

We'll see if I make it until midnight...
  • We're going to friends'. We've done it every year for the last several and it's nice. We crash there so no worries about driving or having a DD. PF can play with kids there, we can have adult time.

H is going to be making latkes with all of the kids. I can't wait to get pics.
  • Well my parents were supposed to drive down on Saturday so they'd be here by today and we were going to spend New Years with them, but of course things don't go as planned.

Despite everyone telling her it was a bad idea, my mom decided to get a doberman towards the end of the summer. Within a week, her back and hips were as bad as they ever were, and she had to get help in the house because she couldn't walk, let alone take care of a puppy. My dad was furious as you can imagine.

Now, the dog is very sick with vomiting, diarrhea,etc. My dad took her to the emergency vet on Christmas Day. $600 later, it's still the same thing. She's dehydrated and had to stay overnight at the vet's for fluid. $1200 later, still sick. I feel awful for the dog because I know she's suffering. They haven't been able to pinpoint any one cause.

So basically, they're not coming for new years. Sorry for the tangent and the post jack. I'm disappointed they're not coming. We're going to go to the Melting Pot for an early dinner, as we had planned to do with them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Let the kids drink sparkling cider and blow horns around 7:30.  Put them to bed at 8.  Get drunk on something other than champagne, have sex, fall asleep before midnight.  Pretty much every NYE since forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards