Chit Chat
Options

As 2014 goes by...

I don't usually post this sappy shit, but as the year is coming to an end, it's really something to look back and reflect on.  It's been one of the toughest; but without a doubt, one of the most rewarding.  I'm truly lucky to be able to call slothieguy my husband and for all of my family and friends who have been there along the way.

What are you all grateful for this past year?  

Wish y'all a great 2015!
Anniversary

Re: As 2014 goes by...

• Options
    I'm grateful for my H, my family and the time I had with my mom. I'm ready to tell 2014 to suck it and grab 2015 by the balls.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm grateful for my H, my family, and my boss who is just amazing. 2014 had a lot of ups and a lots of downs. I am looking forward to 2015.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I grateful for my husband. And I'm so happy that we were able to have the wedding we did, with all of our family and friends. I'm grateful that we were able to take such a kickass honeymoon. 
  • Options
    2014 had some bumps, but everything worked out A-okay in the end and I am incredibly grateful for that!!!
  • Options
    I'm a sucker for being a sap. 

I'm grateful that FI and I will finally be together and we have such supportive wonderful families that have supported this crazy ride from day one. I'm grateful that Mister Huckleberry walked into my life and is the most badass dog ever and has only tried to eat FI a couple times. I hate my job, but I'm grateful for the opportunities and experience it's provided me this year. (But I'll be happy to throw up deuces at this building in a few months.)

Best wishes to y'all for an awesome 2015!
  • Options
    I'm grateful for the house we were able to purchase, the beautiful wedding we were able to have, and all of the progress that we've made in our lives, both personally and professionally. 2014 was a whirlwind of really awesome things happening in our lives and we both know how incredibly lucky we are and to certainly take none of it for granted. We're ready for a MUCH slower 2015, however.
  • Options
    I'm grateful for my fiance, myoverall health, a well-paying job, our (new) apartment, and for a family and in-laws who truly care for me.

While there were some bumps in 2014; I can say that I don't have the "good riddance" feeling about this year that I've had about many others.

• Options
    @esstee33 I didn't know you were getting hitched in New Orleans in May! Can I crash? 
  • Options

I thought 2013 had a lot of changes, but so did 2014.  I finished my MBA.  I practically killed myself to finish it before the wedding along with planning and working fulltime, but I did it!  Getting married was a highlight and I'm so thankful for my H and being able to share that day with so many friends and family together.  I'm was equally excited for accomplishments in H's life.  He began his Masters, got an assistantship, and accepted an internship for a really great company in which we starts next week.  He struggled finding jobs with his undergrad so I'm very excited for him that he went back to school and is now finding many opportunities! 

2015 may hold some major changes (job relocation) and I/we can't wait! 

• Options
    2014 has definitely been a difficult year for me but I've triumphed with the help of my amazing friends and family. I'm so thankful to be surrounded by so much love. I'm also very thankful for my son who manages to put a smile on my face about 50,000X a day.

• Options
    maeday2 said:
    @esstee33 I didn't know you were getting hitched in New Orleans in May! Can I crash? 
    Hell yeah! We're driving down there and partying it up in the French Quarter, then getting married at the Algiers Courthouse. Then we might drive over to Florida to drink fruity beverages on the beach before we drive home. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    maeday2 said:
    Hell yeah! We're driving down there and partying it up in the French Quarter, then getting married at the Algiers Courthouse. Then we might drive over to Florida to drink fruity beverages on the beach before we drive home. 
    That sounds perfect. Let me know if you need recs for places to eat/drink while in NO! 
  • Options
    2014 can suck it.

I am grateful for my DH, our kitty, and our house. But there was so much drama and bullshit that I am just plain ready to move forward.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Wow. This year has been so amazing for me. I'm thankful for my loving H and our fantastic wedding. I'm thankful for our sweet little one, currently gestating in my ute. I'm thankful for our beautiful new home. And I'm thankful (and incredibly releived!) for finishing my Master's program while everything else was going on. Bring it, 2015!
  • Options
    I am grateful for H, my family and friends, and having the sort of security in life that I used to dream about.

Instead of having panic attacks multiple times a month, I now get them a couple times a year. I am so grateful that I can go to sleep at night without worry.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm grateful for getting a new job in 2014 and exploring this new industry, moving in with BF and creating our little home together, my family and new friends I've made this year, and all the travel opportunities I've been lucky enough to have! Hopefully 2015 brings even more happiness and exciting opportunities :)

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I'm grateful for FI, our lovely kitties, and all the fun times with family and friends this year. I'm grateful for my job, and the opportunities it has provided me with. And I'm grateful for all you ladies. This was the year I really started posting here, and I'm so thankful to have you ladies throughout this whole wedding planning. You guys kept me same through everything, and I'm happy to say that I've made some real friendships on here.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm grateful for a supportive and hard working FI.  I am so lucky that he asked me to marry him!  (sap, sap, sappy, sap)  I am also very grateful for wonderful parents, and soon to be in laws.  And of course forever grateful for our 4 pups.  Life really is better with a dog. Or, dogS in my case.
  • Options

I am grateful for DH, our kids, kids in law, and grandkids....and our kitties.

Very grateful for my new job.  I went up against 60 other applicants and got it.  Feeling pretty blessed on that one.

My inlaw side of the family absolutely rocks, my friends are the best in the world, and my family is healthy.  I feel incredibly lucky.

Oh, and we rocked DD's wedding right down to their exact vision and it was a blast!

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    maeday2 said:
    Me too, me too! No joke, I will be in NOLA in May for my delayed honeymoon, hahaha!
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    maeday2 said:
    Me too, me too! No joke, I will be in NOLA in May for my delayed honeymoon, hahaha!
    Oh, girl, please tell me you're going to be there the week of the 18th. 
  • Options
    Aw, @slothiegal, so sentimental! What a good thread as the year closes out!

We did a ton of fun work on our house this year, really cool to watch it all come together. Had a bunch of fun parties and some really great memories. Otherwise, nothing monumental to report!

2015 holds a bunch of changes for us along with some sweet trips planned, so looking forward to that! Also, I'm going to be an aunt in 2015, so I can't wait to spoil my little niece (they found out!!) as much as possible. And many trips to New Orleans to do it. :) 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I am grateful for my FI, family, and the fact that everyone is in relatively good health considering what others I know are going through. 

I am grateful that i have a job that allowed me to take off a month for an amazing vacation. I am grateful for my kitties (while missing the one we lost this year). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    im thankful for the best year besides last year. my fi who keeps me going even though i want to quit at times, willing to stand up for me when he knows i wont. the car i have the memories i have made
  • Options
    I'm thankful for my husband and his level-head during everything.
    I'm thankful for my sister and her new husband for their unconditional love.
    I'm thankful for my parents for taking care of me after my surgery.
    I'm thankful for my surgery which is giving us better hope at starting a family.
    I'm thankful for my brother and for the fact that we have become closer in the midst of tragedy...
    I'm thankful for my job, which allows me to travel to NYC...
    I'm thankful for our new church community.
    And I'm thankful that God continues to bless me in ways I don't deserve.
  • Options
    This year has been so amazing for me. Which is a big surprise because the beginning of the year was so bad but it just kept getting better. I'm grateful for my h. I'm grateful that we finally got married. I'm grateful for my pets, my job, our new home, my incredible family and friends, and I'm very grateful for my future baby that is currentky growing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards