Wedding Reception Forum

Chandelier decor input

edited December 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
I mean no offense if this happens to be your taste, it however is not mine, that being said...

FI and I have booked our venue already and we absolutely love everything about it except the Chandelier. It is an enormous 6ft wide antler chandelier, which I hate. I have been trying for several weeks to come up with a way to cover or decorate it and I am at a loss. Also the ceiling is 25ft high, so we will definitely need to hire someone to do whatever it is we decide on.

These are the best two pictures of it on the venue's website

Dance Floor & The Lodge Signature "Antler Chandelier"The Lodge - interior view

Any ideas would be great

Re: Chandelier decor input

• Honestly I think any additional decor would only draw attention to it. Can you direct your photographer to just frame shots so the antlers aren't in your pictures?

• Honestly I think any additional decor would only draw attention to it. Can you direct your photographer to just frame shots so the antlers aren't in your pictures?
    This.  Cover ups usually end up being worse than the original.  If your wedding is at night, I imagine the lighting will be dimmed and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.  
  • Ditto to all the above.  You are the only one who will remember it.  The guests will look at it for about a minute and then move on to the fun at hand and looking at the beautiful couple.  If that is really your venue, the view is so breathtaking, I can't imagine anybody caring about the chandelier.
  • atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    What PPs said.  And if you're that worried, keep eyes on things lower.  Have a lighting person check out the venue to do some spot illumination at night, maybe down to the dance floor, up some walls you like, etc.  Have interesting centerpieces.  Focus on details you can control and that you like.
  • Yea, I agree with all PPs. Adding anything to it will just look like you tried to dress up a deer like a bride or something. And I doubt the venue would let you do it anyway (fire hazard). 

If you hate it that much, ask the venue about options. They'll probably tell you there aren't any. Then your next steps will be to tell your photog to leave it out of pictures, as @thisismynickname suggested.
    *********************************************************************************

• I agree with the PP.  It would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

But I think the chandelier is kind of cool and I am not even a hang antlers/a bucks rack on the wall type of gal.

• I agree with the PP.  It would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

But I think the chandelier is kind of cool and I am not even a hang antlers/a bucks rack on the wall type of gal.
    I'm with Maggie.  I'm definitely not an antlers on a wall type of girl, but I kind of like that chandelier.  It looks more "classy lodge" than "camo in a pickup truck."  But if you try to hide it, you'll make it super obvious and it will definitely look worse for it. 

• Another vote to leave it alone to avoid drawing attention to it. Only way to avoid it is to for you to pay a company to bring in scaffleding, to then install a chandelier of equal size for the wedding & then come down & take yours down & reinstall the other, all at your expense. That is assuming the venue would even let you do that. It's not worth the money for that, take it and do something fun on your honeymoon.

• Ditto to all the above.  You are the only one who will remember it.  The guests will look at it for about a minute and then move on to the fun at hand and looking at the beautiful couple.  If that is really your venue, the view is so breathtaking, I can't imagine anybody caring about the chandelier.
    You're totally right the lodge overlooks a 35 acre lake and the whole space has those same windows throughout I'll probably be the only one that notices that it doesn't make the decor. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards