Nevada-Las Vegas

Planning can now start!!

YAY! I am now officially engaged :D  I can now properly start planning my Vegas wedding - so excited! September seems so far away but I am sure it will be here before we know it. 

The "are you going to have Elvis?" questions have started already....I expect there will be many more of them to come as soon as I mention we are going to vegas!!

Re: Planning can now start!!

• Congratulations! Was this a Xmas proposal? So exciting!

And yes, you will inundated with queries about Elvis and drive-through chapels and all of that. It can be amusing. For those who take teasing a little far, you can always say "we're getting married at a hotel, same as you would in [their city], but the difference is we have chosen a location much more interesting and appealing than [their city]." Gotta have fun with it - to relieve the wedding planning stress!

Many congrats tongi and good luck!
  • Congrats!  Welcome to the board.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• @EAR123 thank you!! yes was a Christmas morning proposal :D have been looking at Chapel of the Flowers so think I am going to get our date booked tonight :D
  • Congrats and happy planning! What an awesome Christmas gift.
  • tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Congrats and happy planning!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!

I agree with Rosebubbly, Do your research and wait before you book and if you can visit the venues. You would be surprised on how many options there are. 

For what I know now and don't get me wrong, I loved our venue but I would've kept it closer to the strip, if not on the strip and I would have done a strip tour for photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry @nyhollyday‌ just saw this. Going to read your pm now
  • Congrats!!! If I could offer some advice from my perspective...take a couple of days to research before you book your venue. I know the desire it to get it locked down....but I've seen quite a few people who've changed directions once they've booked. Myself included. :-) there's soooooo much to choose from in Vegas!
    Totally agree with this!! It can be overwhelming at first so it definitely pays to do your research (and these boards are invaluable for that!)
  • Thanks for all the advice ladies.  We are in the UK so unfortunately arent able to visit any of the chapels in person before the event.  I had been looking at Chapel of the Flowers for a couple of months - it seemed to be the nicest of the stand alone chapels and not tacky like some (this is what we were trying to avoid!!).   My best friend is actually going to Vegas in August (our wedding is September) so I will ask her to go have a look at it to make sure it looks the same as it does online.  Thankfully there seems to be a load of good reviews and has won a lot of awards.   We just wanted a simple small ceremony with not too much fuss. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards