Chit Chat

What kind of mixers to buy?

I'm totally clueless when it comes to liquor. I used to drink vodka with club soda and lime, and I never used to venture out to other drinks. And now I just stick with red wine. So if you were coming to my New Year's Eve party, what mixers would you appreciate me having? Coke? Gingerale? Cranberry juice? Seltzer? 

Re: What kind of mixers to buy?

• Those, plus orange juice. Mimosas keep me in it for the long haul over just straight champagne. 
  • Tonic 
    Pineapple juice
    Sprite
    Lime Juice
    Sour Mix

The ones you posted are good staples! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Tonic, coke, seltzer, cranberry juice, and lots of ice and limes.
  • I think everything you listed sounds good. There's enough there that most people will pleased and nothing will really go to waste afterwards.
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    At our parties, we always tend to run low on Coke and tonic. (because whiskey + coke, and gin + tonic, and I always drink vodka + tonic). 

Cranberry juice is a really good thing to have on hand too. I think this is a "know your crowd" type thing to know what type of liquor they typically drink so you can get the things that most commonly mix with those liquors. I have one group that just does the basics, so Coke, cranberry juice and tonic would more than cover them. 

I have another group that likes to get fancy, so I'd have those things I just mentioned plus pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice, grenadine, dry vermouth, simple syrup, and bitters, at the very least. 

But I think you'll be covered if you have club soda, tonic, Coke, cranberry juice, and maybe lemonade or Sprite. Plus lemons, limes, and lots of ice. 

ETA: ginger beer is always good too, but only if you know people that actually like it. In my experience people either love it or hate it :/ But I think it's a better mixer than ginger ale 
  • Probably just repeating everyone else here but these would cover your basics:

Tonic
    Coke
    Club Soda
    Cranberry Juice
    Lemon and lime juice (plus fresh lemons and limes)
    Orange juice

• When I saw the title, I was thinking baking mixers. I'm thinking Kitchen Aid duh!

Everyone else gave good suggestions.

• Everything that has already been said and Red Bull is good too IMO to mix with.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Everyone has the basics, put when I show up and people have vanilla coke on hand I love them forever.

Anniversary
  • coke
    diet coke
    sprite or 7up
    club soda
    tonic
    cranberry
    lemon and lime juice
    OJ 

maybe pineapple.   If you want to go with the trendy moscow mules get them ginger beer (not ale, beer)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Cranberry Juice (Goes with Vodka, Gin, or Whiskey)
    Ginger Beer (Goes with Rum or Whiskey, thus making my favorite drink)
    Club Soda (Goes with everything)
    Coke (Also goes with everything)

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • lyndausvi said:
    coke
    diet coke
    sprite or 7up
    club soda
    tonic
    cranberry
    lemon and lime juice
    OJ 

maybe pineapple.   If you want to go with the trendy moscow mules get them ginger beer (not ale, beer)
    Jamie and Ginger Beer beats the pants off any Moscow Mule!

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Any or all of these things, and some diet stuff as well, please! Diet cola (Coke Zero is awesome) is a good start, and I'll certainly go for seltzer/sparkling water, but it's nice to have other options to choose from sometimes (I get that alcohol has plenty of calories, I just find many regular pops and juices far too sweet to drink more than one of). Some diet ginger ales are excellent, and I drink diet tonic although I think for a crowd you're fine to serve regular tonic.

You may want to stock some fresh lemons and limes and cherries just for fun as well!
  • What everyone else says. Idk if you'd want to do this for a party but a few months ago I really wanted a drink and all we had was vodka and v8 splash pomegranate -cherry juice. It was delicious.
  • Thanks everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards