New Jersey

Photographer Help Please

Hi everyone!  I know I already posted a discussion about photographers working with pets, but someone mentioned that a good photographer would be able to work with them anyway, so on to my next important question:

Is it impossible to find a good photographer for $2000?  So far, a lot of these packages have been out of our price range and we have had to readjust our budget to up to $2500 for wedding and engagement shots with full rights to the images.  I spoke to A Picturesque Memory and Will seems great and offers a lot for our budget, has anyone had experienec with him and his work\?  We love Jason Rhee and his pictures, but even the two shoots and the rights to our images would put us over budget.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a good photographer that would give us both shoots, the rights to our images and maybe a flushmount album for ourselves between $2,000-$2500?

Also, just wanted to share that we put our deosit for Mayfair Farms!! :-)

Re: Photographer Help Please

• Congrats on Booking Mayfair Farms!!! That is our venue and I love it and so excited about it!

My one friend used Marissa DeCinque and paid around $2000 but she only had her for the day of the wedding not engagement pictures.  But she did give them the rights to their photos and my friend then went and built her own albums.

I am using Jessica Lauren who is amazing...and she starts at $2500 I believe but that may include engagement shoots just no albums but the rights to your pictures.

You may want to look up photographers that are La Carte and you can put together your own package too.

• Thanks @Jeannine12! We absolutely fell in love with Mayfair and we literally live down the block so it will be super easy for his family from Memphis to get to and from the hotel and our place.  I reached out to Jessica Lauren as I've heard great things about her, so I'm just waiting for a call back.  And thanks for the suggestion about the a la carte, I will look into that.

Thanks to you as well @laurgo220! Will was super pleasant over the phone and we are meeting him shortly.  He seems to offer a lot for our budget including 2 albums and a portrait if I'm reading his website correctly.  Do you find that he had a nice blend of traditional and artistic? 

• Hi Congrats!! 
    I met Jason Rhee, he was good but he was a little over my budget and I wanted a second shooter. I just booked Moments by McMahon from Matawan, NJ and he did 2 shooters for about $2500 with the rights to the photos, he had different packages so I'm sure he can work with you. After I met him last week and I saw his recent work I was super impressed. He also shot my friend's wedding and I really liked their pictures.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards