Flowers

Which colors for bouquets

I could use some input on flowers and selecting which colors to use at my ceremony. I need to determine what to use for my bouquet and my maid of honors bouquet.

My wedding colors are navy blue and blush pink, with some accents of brushed gold. My dress is a cream/off white. Which may be a nicer use of colors -- all pink for my MOH and all cream/white for me? Or should I have my bouquet be a mix of cream/white/blush pink?

I want to make my bouquet stand out differently from my MOH - unsure which arrangement would be more bridal for me.

Planning to have navy ribbon on the bouquets. Wedding is in February.

Opinions appreciated!

Re: Which colors for bouquets

• Personally, I love a nice classic white bouquet -- but I'm biased because that's what I plan on doing! 

(And my girls will have bouquets with whites/ivories/creams and light pink.) So that's what I would do, but it's because I'm doing the same thing! 

What color is your MOH wearing? If she's wearing navy, the cream/white/pink would look lovely against it and if you're in off white, the all white/cream flowers would look lovely without competing with your dress.

To make your bouquet stand out just be sure its bigger, and maybe throw in some more striking blooms!
  • Thanks for your note. My MOH will be in navy, so I think either all pink or a mix of pink and whites/creams would look nice. I like the idea of all whites/creams for mine, but I want the mix of colors -- navy, pink -- to come through nicely between us It's hard to try to picture all of this in advance!
  • Mines ivory roses with blue and purple orchids.
    While my bridesmaids bouquets are ivory roses.

You could always do ivory with a hint of colour, maybe a light pink? Then have a navy material around the bouquet stems?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • penguin44penguin44 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited September 2014
    I did ivory/blush in my bouquet and my bridesmaids. They were in navy. I think it turned out nicely.

ETA: I forgot we had some blue in there too. 
    Anniversary

• @crackktheskyy‌ may I ask what color your bridesmaids dresses are? I want to do same colors for flowers but can't decide on a color dress that will be flattering on the bridesmaids and have a nice contrast to my dress?
  • kkaluscak said:
    @crackktheskyy‌ may I ask what color your bridesmaids dresses are? I want to do same colors for flowers but can't decide on a color dress that will be flattering on the bridesmaids and have a nice contrast to my dress?
    Certainly! We're doing charcoal grey. I like it because darker colors tend to be more universally flattering. Plus, I think the bouquet colors will really "pop" against it! 

We wanted to stick within a very classic and neutral palette. Depending on what other colors you're using for the wedding or what your vision is, I think that blush pink or navy would also look very pretty. Just be careful with lighter colors like blush though -- you don't want to wash out your girls if you have anyone in your WP with fair skin!
  • What are you doing since your dress is cream? Mine is ivory and I wanted some white flowers but I don't want it to make my dress look dirty
  • Do all white. Plus the pink will pop out against the navy.

• ahyatt87ahyatt87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    I personally wanted to avoid a white bouquet because IMHO either the flowers or the dress look yellowish in comparison. For my wedding I had a purple bouquet and the BM had white and purple. I think you should do what makes you happy. If you really want an all white bouquet, go for it! If I was choosing the flowers, I would have the BM with pink flowers and the bride with white and pink, but I like a pop of colour :)

ETA: Photo didn't work
  • Second attempt at photo
  • I like a mix of colors for the bride's bouquet. Sometimes an all white/cream bouquet blends in with the dress too much. Whatever you decide to do for the bridesmaids I would make sure their bouquets are smaller than yours. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards