Hawaii

Coconut Club Waikiki for wedding reception - advice please!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am having my wedding reception at the Coconut Club (Tiki's Grill and Bar) in Waikiki in April 2015!  We have 18 guests coming and are planning for the meal etc to be on the lanai/balcony bit outside to make the most of the amazing views!  What I'm not sure of is how that works because I know the inside room is massive and can hold 100+ people - I think they will serve the food inside but other than that we're expecting to be outside.  So I don't really know what to do about decorating the inside??  Has anyone had their reception there that could help or give any advice?

We're coming from the UK so won't have a chance to see it until we arrive a few days before the wedding and I don't think my nerves could take waiting until then to see what we needed to do!!

Thank you in advance :-)

Re: Coconut Club Waikiki for wedding reception - advice please!

• Hi Kitkat1981, We had our reception at The Coconut Club 2 years ago. There were 19 of us & we ate our meal out on the balcony. The food was served inside. I am currently on my IPad & didn't have any photos on it but I will get some in the next couple of days & show you how we decorated inside & outside. We didn't see our set up until about 10 mins before our guests arrived. Don't stress!
  • Hi Oahu Bride, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been able to get on here for a few days. Photos would be brilliant, thank you! We decided not to use a wedding planner and are thinking now we probably should have so I'm getting a little anxious!! Did you spend most of your time outside on the balcony?
  • Hi Kitkat1981, we used a wedding planner & it was the best thing we did! Yes majority of time was spent outside, I think I spent about 5 mins inside! Photos will be here over the weekend, sorry for the delay
  • Hi Oahu Bride, I do wish we'd used one now but will have to just do our best!  It's good to know you spent the majority of the time outside though, makes me feel better as that's what we were hoping for!  No problem at all, just send them over when you can, I really appreciate :-) 
  • Sorry Kitkat1981 I thought I posted the photos for you before Christmas but have just seen they didn't post, I do apologise. My wedding planner also did a sketch of how everything would be placed, if I still have the email I can email it to you will just need your email address. We had a dessert table which was outside on the balcony, unfortunately I don't really have a photo of where that was placed (you can see it a little in the last photo)
  • Wow Oahu Bride that looks incredible!! And it's so helpful to be able to see how everything looks, thank you! If you still have the email with the sketch that would be great, I'll send you my email address. I really appreciate your help :-)
  • Sorry kitkat I have looked everywhere for the email & I am unable to find it. I will try & describe the layout as best as I can. When you walk in you will walk into the room that has the tall tables (see photo I posted) to the right (if you are looking out towards the water) of that we had the buffet set up & to the left the bar. You could say there is 3 separate rooms but it is very open. You then walk out onto the balcony where we had our table & then the dessert table set up at the end of the balcony (to the right of table if you are looking towards the water). Hope this helps!
  • Thanks Oahu Bride, that helps a lot!  I can't wait to get there and see it in real life!
  • Good luck with everything
  • Hi Oahu Bride,

We too are also having our Wedding Reception at Coconut Club. 
    Your room looks amazing by the way !
    Can I ask what wedding co - ordinator company you used for this room to look amazing as it did ?
    We are trying to plan our wedding from the UK and the more we know about trusting some vendors the better.

• Me too please! Was looking at both Coconut Club and their downstairs outdoor area... 
    Wedding planner details would be good. 

Thanks
  • Sorry haven't been on here for awhile, been busy moving house. You both may have already decided in a wedding planner etc but just in case you haven't we had Diana from Oahu Wedding & would highly recommend her
  • How did your wedding go? I'm getting married in Hawaii and having my dinner at the Coconut Club in November. Would love to see your pictures!
  • Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am having my wedding reception at the Coconut Club (Tiki's Grill and Bar) in Waikiki in April 2015!  We have 18 guests coming and are planning for the meal etc to be on the lanai/balcony bit outside to make the most of the amazing views!  What I'm not sure of is how that works because I know the inside room is massive and can hold 100+ people - I think they will serve the food inside but other than that we're expecting to be outside.  So I don't really know what to do about decorating the inside??  Has anyone had their reception there that could help or give any advice?

We're coming from the UK so won't have a chance to see it until we arrive a few days before the wedding and I don't think my nerves could take waiting until then to see what we needed to do!!

Thank you in advance :-)

How did your wedding go? I'm getting married in Hawaii and having my dinner at the Coconut Club in November. Would love to see your pictures!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards