Snarky Brides
Options

NWR: That isn't how that works

Today on Facebook a girl I know was all: "Finally got my New Year's cards. Let me know if you want to be on the list!"

Um. I'm pretty sure that isn't how that works. Curating a Christmas/New Year's card list is the sender's responsibility, and something that should require a modicum of thought and care, not an open call to see who gives a shit.

This baby knows exactly how I feel

Re: NWR: That isn't how that works

• Options
    ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

Today on Facebook a girl I know was all: "Finally got my New Year's cards. Let me know if you want to be on the list!"

Um. I'm pretty sure that isn't how that works. Curating a Christmas/New Year's card list is the sender's responsibility, and something that should require a modicum of thought and care, not an open call to see who gives a shit.

Quoted so I can see that baby twice. Yep. That's my face. Eta: the baby won't post for me. Damnit.
  • Options
    @ohannabelle for you? I'll post the Baby of Righteous Judgment all day.
  • Options
    Ooo, I hate that. Makes me feel like an AW if I want one, and not important enough if I don't comment...ick.
  • Options
    I usually put an open "hey, if you want a Christmas card, you should send me your address if you've moved" message up because, surprisingly, we have a lot of friends who move but don't bother to inform anyone of their new addresses. Seriously, we got wedding invitations returned to sender even though the STDates made it to everyone just fine. A lot of people don't think to let people know their mailing address since a lot of communication happens through email/text/Facebook nowadays. Of course, there isn't anyone on my FB that can see my posts that I wasn't already planning on sending a card to already (yay for controlling who sees what on Facebook).
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I usually put an open "hey, if you want a Christmas card, you should send me your address if you've moved" message up because, surprisingly, we have a lot of friends who move but don't bother to inform anyone of their new addresses. Seriously, we got wedding invitations returned to sender even though the STDates made it to everyone just fine. A lot of people don't think to let people know their mailing address since a lot of communication happens through email/text/Facebook nowadays. Of course, there isn't anyone on my FB that can see my posts that I wasn't already planning on sending a card to already (yay for controlling who sees what on Facebook).
    Controlling who sees what on Facebook? You obviously aren't any of the morons I used to know in high school and college...
  • Options
    I have a former student who posted that they had a few Christmas cards left so if we wanted one, leave our address. Ummmm, no. Sadly, a few people responded with an address.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Controlling who sees what on Facebook? You obviously aren't any of the morons I used to know in high school and college...
    I know, right? Changing audiences was one of the only really useful "updates" Facebook has ever had. I always wonder why people don't use the filters more. I don't think all 129830983 of your FB friends need to hear about your wedding invitations/RSVP deadlines...
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards