North Carolina

consignment bridal gown shopping in NC?

Hello!

I'm looking for a shop that has used/consigned gowns for sale anywhere in North Carolina.

I live in Charlotte, and my folks live out on the coast, and I'm up for a day trip to just about anywhere to find the perfect (inexpensive) gown.

I know there are a lot of places online to buy used gowns, but I'd rather find a place where I can actually try the dress on before I buy it.

Thanks!!

Re: consignment bridal gown shopping in NC?

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress last year at the Brides Against Breast Cancer sale when it was in Raleigh.  This year it'll be here in Raleigh August 19th and 20th.  They bring a bunch of gowns that are donated by other brides, or from stores, or right from the designer.  Most are in great condition.  The one I bought was a runway sample so it'd only been worn once for a few minutes.  It's definitely worth checking out. 

www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Goldsboro, NC. Its about 50miles east of Raleigh. We have a consignment shop here called "Second Fling". They have quite a few dresses on consignment.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • comeongetdowncomeongetdown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that brides against breast cancer looks really cool!  i'll have to look into that definitely.  i'm so nervous about buying my wedding dress so soon though.  we're planning our wedding for fall 2012 so maybe i can wait for next years.  that'll give me time to try on some dresses and get an idea about what i lie and what looks good on me.

thanks for the tips ladies! :)
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also this place in Raleigh: http://abridalworld.com/
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
     Sandy's in Graham North Carolina buys gowns and usually has some pretty one's in the window..Graham is exit 147 on I-85 N/I-40E from Charlotte...They try to buy dresses that are pretty up-to-date
  • comeongetdowncomeongetdown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i looked up the second fling shop, they got really good reviews.  it sounds like a fun place to visit just in general.  goldsboro is about an hour from my parents house, so that would be an easy day trip.

thanks for the tip on a bridal world in raleigh.  their rules say you're not allowed to take pictures while you're trying on gowns :(  but it seems like i could get that 'bridal salon' experience and their gowns start at $150... 

i didn't realize the general rule for gowns was to start looking a year ahead of time, that seems excessive... but... so do most other wedding planning recommendations to me  :-P  hehe

thanks for the help ladies!  :)
  • becka1126becka1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at a bridal world.  They are a half bridal store/ half consignment shop.  All their dresses I saw were brand new but great prices!  
  • edited December 2011
    There is one in Concord, near downtown on Church Street!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jdunn2011jdunn2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I actually have a dress for sale.  I live in Winston Salem.  It is a size 12 David's Bridal gown. Street size 10.   I have not worn the dress except for trying it on.  I ended up purchasing another dress to wear to my beach wedding this September.  I have some pictures I can send you if you would like.  Send me an email at jacques_wedding@triad.rr.com if you want to talk. 
  • maureenk26maureenk26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Church Street Bridal in Lynburg, VA to Church Street Bridal.  The YWCA gets gowns from Kleinfeld (last season, samples) and sells them at INSANELY low prices.  All proceeds benefit victims of domestic violence.  It took me about 3 hours to drive there from the Triangle.  But it was so worth it! I got a Pnina Tornia that was originally $7,700 for only $550, and a $1,500 veil for $100.  Yes, you'll need to replace zippers and get them cleaned, but at those prices it is well worth it!

http://www.churchstreetbridal.com/index2.php?v=v1#/home/

And pictures of their stock: http://churchstreetbridal.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards