Latino Weddings

Married before Ceremony in Puerto Rico

My Partner and I are are planning to get married soon. She is currently deployed and we want to go ahead and get married upon her return. Our problem is a lot of the locations in which family and friends would be able to make a halfway point or a vacation are not same sex marriage friendly. So the plan is to get married in a Legal state and then have a ceremony later, in Puerto Rico. Would we just need to have the officiant treat this as a vowel renewal or are the normal vowels okay? Since would be no need for legal documentation I assume any vowels are pretty much okay? Any assistance or other helpful info would be appreciated :)

Re: Married before Ceremony in Puerto Rico

• You could marry at the reception venue and have a "symbolic" wedding to exchange your vows.  I think it would be important to those who love you and it could be short and sweet.  You could hire an Officiant and set up part of the room as a small altar and put down an aisle runner.  The ceremony could be about 20 minutes and you could say your own vows and the tradiitional vows.  Thereafter, have your party.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards