Snarky Brides

Thank you ladies!

I want to thank the snarky brides for saving me from making a gigantic ass of myself. 

My husband and I were unhappy with our elopement and so was my family. We were planning to have a PPD to soothe any hurt feelings and have some better "wedding" memories. We were going to do a church ceremony and I was going to wear a puffy gown. We were going to have a "first dance" and cut a tiered cake together. I laugh and shake my head over how foolish we were. 

After I read some posts on this forum about PPDs, I realized that what we were doing was unacceptable. A couple who has been married for five years cannot have a "wedding" unless there was a divorce. My husband and I needed to own our decision to elope and live with it. There were some beautiful aspects to our elopement that I will never forget. 

Now, some members of my family were very excited about my PPD. However, I know that I would have received some epic side eye from some of our guests. 

My husband and I have come to our senses. I know my husband is relieved that we aren't having a PPD anymore. When I told him that I wanted to use the PPD money buy a home instead, my husband grinned and gave me a kiss. We are going to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary by exchanging new rings in our new home and enjoying a romantic getaway. We are a low key couple which is why we eloped in the first place.

Thank you so much for your honest words about PPDs. It is so strange how the unabashed opinions of strangers made such an impression on me. The choice between a long term investment and a ridiculous pretend wedding was easy to make. I was being immature and living in a damn fantasy world. 

Keep on being honest instead of telling people what they want to hear about PPDs. Thank you ladies! 

Re: Thank you ladies!

• NoneForUs said:

I want to thank the snarky brides for saving me from making a gigantic ass of myself. 

My husband and I were unhappy with our elopement and so was my family. We were planning to have a PPD to soothe any hurt feelings and have some better "wedding" memories. We were going to do a church ceremony and I was going to wear a puffy gown. We were going to have a "first dance" and cut a tiered cake together. I laugh and shake my head over how foolish we were. 

After I read some posts on this forum about PPDs, I realized that what we were doing was unacceptable. A couple who has been married for five years cannot have a "wedding" unless there was a divorce. My husband and I needed to own our decision to elope and live with it. There were some beautiful aspects to our elopement that I will never forget. 

Now, some members of my family were very excited about my PPD. However, I know that I would have received some epic side eye from some of our guests. 

My husband and I have come to our senses. I know my husband is relieved that we aren't having a PPD anymore. When I told him that I wanted to use the PPD money buy a home instead, my husband grinned and gave me a kiss. We are going to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary by exchanging new rings in our new home and enjoying a romantic getaway. We are a low key couple which is why we eloped in the first place.

Thank you so much for your honest words about PPDs. It is so strange how the unabashed opinions of strangers made such an impression on me. The choice between a long term investment and a ridiculous pretend wedding was easy to make. I was being immature and living in a damn fantasy world. 

Keep on being honest instead of telling people what they want to hear about PPDs. Thank you ladies! 
    The new house and low key getaway sounds like far more fun anyways! Enjoy your new home!

• This is an awesome post. Good on you!
  • Good for you!  Enjoy your anniversary getaway :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Good luck purchasing your new home, enjoy your lovely get-away, and congratulations on reaching your five-year anniversary!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Thanks all! We will reach our fifth anniversary in October of this year. I know that time will fly by. It feels like we just got married yesterday. I don't see reaching a fifth wedding anniversary as a big achievement because five years is not a long marriage. However, it is still a great start on the road to being married forever. 

I think I would have regretted spending all that money on a needless pretend wedding. We always take little jaunts to the Thousand Islands or wine country on our anniversary. I guess when we leave our huge city, we can take trips back down here for special nights. 

• Your husband married a very lovely, intelligent woman.
  • What a great post!  Congratulations on your wise decision- and good luck with your new home! :)
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I love you will you stay and post and be friends with us

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your husband married a very lovely, intelligent woman.
    That is so sweet of you! Thanks! 

I knew he was just doing the PPD to make me happy and I am not the kind of woman who can enjoy happiness at the expense of my hubby. We need to spend our money on practical things and romantic times for each other. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards