Wedding Party
Options

Gifts for Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids

I have been told its customary to give gifts to my bridesmaids and maid of honor as a token of my appreciation. I have no clue what to get them or how much to spend or how to make it personal and memorable.

Please help! :)

Re: Gifts for Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids

• Options
    Buy for them like you would their birthday or Christmas.  Make sure the presents are not wedding related.  Don't be overly concerned about making the presents memorable because that just puts too much pressure on trying to find the most perfect gift ever.  Consider their hobbies and likes.  If one loves wine then you could get her a subscription to a wine of the month club and a set of nice glasses.  If another loves books you can get them a gift card to B&N, a fancy bookmark, or a nice new cover for their nook/kindle.  And no, the presents do not have to match.  

As for how much you spend, that really depends on your budget and what you feel comfortable with.

• Options
    Thanks!

I only have two to buy for (small destination wedding) I was looking at that origami owl stuff and it would be great for one but not the other. Is there a place with a list of awesome ideas based on their personality and interests? I tried to find a list of unique gifts on this site but I couldn't seem to find anything. 
  • Options
    You don't need a website to help to think of gifts.  These are presumably your nearest and dearest so just think about them and what they like and what hobbies they have.  Don't make this harder then what it needs to be.

And you will not find a list of unique BM gifts on any wedding website because they will just give you the typical matching jewelry, or matching clutch with a monogram, or matching beach towels because OMG you are getting married at the beach, etc.  They will also only push their own products so that they can make a buck or two.  

Go with your gut, not what a website tells you.

• Options
    Sounds great! You're right I am over thinking this. Thanks for all of your help!
  • Options
    Sounds great! You're right I am over thinking this. Thanks for all of your help!
    When you are in the midst of planning a wedding you do tend to do that quite a bit :)  Just give yourself a little slap every once in a while and you will go back to thinking normally.  Good luck and I am sure they will love whatever you get them!

• Options
    I was just MOH in a wedding and I loved what she did. I know everyone keeps saying make it not wedding related or matching but knowing she was on a budget and not feeling like I needed anything from her I loved what she got us. We each got the same very delicate gold eternity necklace which she said we could wear if we wanted or not and a nice book mark since we are all readers with a pattern she thought each of us would like. Don't over think it, I just felt honored to be a part of her big day and was there for her, it was just a nice little extra that she thought to do for us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards