Flowers

How on earth do I make these??

Sorry to make yet another baby's breath thread, but I couldn't find one specifically about what I'm wondering.

See these beautiful baby's breath bouquets?? (photo cred here) How do I make them? 

I know I buy baby's breath and put it together, and I've done flower arranging before, but for some reason I just can't get my test runs to look right! They end up too tight and small. I thought for sure one bunch per bouquet should be fine, but when I got a bunch from a local grocery store it didn't look like much (you can see my picture below...just ignore the guinea pig). 

See how small the bouquet is and how tight all the flowers are? For reference, that vase thing is about four inches tall - so it's pretty small :P

I tried to spread out the flowers and make them bushier, but I couldn't get the loose, free feeling I was going for. Have any of you had any luck with this? If so I'd love to hear how you did it - I'm failing over here ;) 

Re: How on earth do I make these??

• I refuse to ignore the guinea pig. He's too damned cute.
    @Maggie0829 is the Knot member with major professional floral experience and knowledge. She could probably tell you.
  • I don't have any help for you, but I just wanted to tell you that I think those are incredibly pretty and unusual (and I bet inexpensive, too, which is awesome.) I thought I hated baby's breath but it looks like I was wrong, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It looks like you are using Merrabella baby's breath which is like the picture above. The florist at my grocery store told me when you use Merrabella you have to shake each branch first.  This is to open it and get any looses stuff off. I would suggest then just placing them gently together and binding them lower to see if that will keep them looking fuller. Good luck and let me if it works.
  • Okay I just noticed the guinea pig in the picture!

Not sure if this is too late, but it looks to me like you aren't using the natural spread of the stem but rather cutting the stem down and then pushing it together.  Use the natural spread of the blooms/stem to create a roundish ball.  This may mean you need more stems but in the end you will probably get the look you are aiming for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards