Wedding Reception Forum
Options

menu question

Hi,
I like the idea of having a menu for our sit-down dinner. However, guests will have chosen one of 4 entree options when they RSVP-ed. How do I word the menu? Do I do "choice of..." even though they've already chosen?

Re: menu question

• Options
    You wouldn't put "choice of" because, obviously, they've already chosen. 

What you can do is be more detailed about the selections including things like sides and sauces.  You should also include the other courses that weren't options on the RSVP card. 

So, for example, if the RSVP card said "Beef wellington" the menu could say "Wellington of aged angus beef served atop scalloped herbed potatoes with savory jus."  That way the menu serves a purpose (giving people more detail about what they chose) other than "look what you could have chosen!" 
  • Options
    Nola is wise, do that!
    Also, ask your venue if they provide a menu. I actually didn't know that my venue provided a menu until I saw the photographer's after. I honestly said 'what the heck is that?'. I guess they just placed one or two on each table.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you are having entree choices, in addition to putting more detail as PP suggested, put an "or" in between the different options, so it's clear that the guest will be having one of the options.  
  • Options
    I agree. My RSVP card will say "Sesame Crusted beef tenderloin " and "Miso–lime glazed “fresh catch”  but if I was doing a menu card it could have more details about the meal (Sesame Crusted beef tenderloin with herb infused soy demi glaze)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Great ideas. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards