Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Coming Attractions Bridal Shop

I just read on their facebook page that after 30 years they are closing down. Who else thinks that something should be done about the selfish lady who came to ohio with ebola and even visited the store while in town should be sued for such a thing. It took one customer to cost them thousands of dollars to disinfect the place and eventually, said customer, asked to be refunded for the BM dresses when the shop did nothing wrong in the first place. 

sorry needed to rant a little because the whole story with her traveling when she was told not after being in contact with an ebola patient and her asking for a refund for her BM dresses has pissed me off and i really dont want to rant about it on facebook.

Re: Coming Attractions Bridal Shop

• Options
    I agree with you in regards that by no means does she have any ground to stand on by asking for a refund.  And I agree, she should have never traveled as she induced panic in a lot of people.  But I guess the question is...do you know for sure that they are closing their doors b/c of this incident?  Or were they already having issues and this just finally broke the bank?  I always thought to myself when the story broke that she was suing, was that if anyone should be suing anyone its the shop suing her! not the other way.  
  • Options

While I don't think she should have asked for a refund for the BM dresses, I don't think this woman needs to be completely to blame.  I just read the channel 5 story about this and it was clear to me that it's the ongoing stigma of ebola that the general public has is keeping customers from going to the store.  The lack of education people have about ebola and it's transmission, especially if the bridal shop has been appropriately cleaned, is what is causing the store to close.  I've been to Coming Attractions a half dozen times over the last 15 years and it's never had any customers in there other than the ones I was with.  I got my BM dress there when my mom got married.  I doubt the store was doing well prior to this happening.  It's unfortunate, yes...but Amber Vinson was just the final straw and they couldn't rebound after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards