Wedding Invitations & Paper

Making up for not having a STD

FI and I didn't do STDs because we were/are trying to cut costs. But now I feel like we should have done them so we could have given guests the link to the wedding website that has all the travel info on there. I was thinking of including a card in all the invitations saying something like, "For more information regarding the wedding and traveling, please go to www.weddingwebsitelink.com." 

What do y'all think? Is there a better way to do this?  
Anniversary

Re: Making up for not having a STD

• FI and I didn't do STDs because we were/are trying to cut costs. But now I feel like we should have done them so we could have given guests the link to the wedding website that has all the travel info on there. I was thinking of including a card in all the invitations saying something like, "For more information regarding the wedding and traveling, please go to www.weddingwebsitelink.com." 

What do y'all think? Is there a better way to do this?  
    Sounds great. That should fit on a business-card sized card so it won't be too expensive. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Thanks! Any thoughts on how I should word this?
    Annnnd any ideas on what I should print it on? I saw some place cards and thought it was the perfect size for this, and they were super cheap. Is that tacky? 
    Anniversary

• Thanks! Any thoughts on how I should word this?
    Annnnd any ideas on what I should print it on? I saw some place cards and thought it was the perfect size for this, and they were super cheap. Is that tacky? 
    I don't think that's tacky. If you printed a bunch out on copy paper and cut them all crooked, that would look tacky. Places like Vistaprint could also print this on business-sized cards for cheap. I think the wording you have in your OP is fine. Straight-forward and to the point.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We put ours on business cards from Vistaprint.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We printed our own on business card paper. Easy peasy.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I would just do something simple like this but remove the "for directions and..." line because it is pointless.

• I think including a card with your wedding website URL on it in your invitations is a great idea.

If you order it as an enclosure card with your wedding invitation suite it may end up being more expensive than Save the Dates would've been, so do some research and find a cheaper way of doing it so you still end up saving money like you originally intended. I think the business card thing from Vistaprint that other people have mentioned is a good idea (there are usually great Groupon deals for Vistaprint, that's how we did our Save the Dates), or printing your own on nice paper (and making sure they're cut evenly and nicely with a paper-cutter)

You could always email all your guests your website URL too. A wedding website a pretty informal thing anyway, so spreading the word in an informal (and free!) way would be fine, too. You're smart to make sure all guests get the URL, though - wedding website is the best way to spread registry info and other important details! 
    --

• For my VIPs who I sent a STD to, I also created a secret FB group for it all. The others who don't use a computer (mainly 3 people), we just called up.

Some STDs got lost in the mail, so I'm glad we had that to fall back on.

imageimage

• For my VIPs who I sent a STD to, I also created a secret FB group for it all. The others who don't use a computer (mainly 3 people), we just called up.

Some STDs got lost in the mail, so I'm glad we had that to fall back on.
    FMIL suggested a Facebook group, but I was afraid that most people would (like me) ignore the notifications/invite to the group. We ended up buying favor tags and printing on them "For more information regarding the wedding and accommodations, please see www.website.com". They turned out pretty good I think!
    Anniversary

• FMIL suggested a Facebook group, but I was afraid that most people would (like me) ignore the notifications/invite to the group. We ended up buying favor tags and printing on them "For more information regarding the wedding and accommodations, please see www.website.com". They turned out pretty good I think!
    Definitely understand because I'm usually in that group too. I found when a friend did it for her wedding though, I took notice. Different strokes for different folks.

imageimage

• An insert should work fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards