Arizona-Phoenix

Looking for Church in Mesa or Tempe

Hi there!

My fiance and I are from families of different faiths. I was raised catholic, while his family is LDS. We can't get married in a catholic church, and my parents aren't happy about the idea of an LDS bishop marrying us. 

Our reception is at the clubhouse in my parent's neighborhood, but there isn't a good spot to have a ceremony there. So I am looking for a (preferably non-denominational) church right now that would marry us. 

Our wedding is in five months. 

Do you know of any churches that have more lenient rules about who can get married there in Mesa?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for Church in Mesa or Tempe

• First Presbyterian Church in Mesa. My parents got married at the First Presbyterian Church in Mesa since the Catholic church would not let them get married in the Catholic church unless my mother converted.

You could also consider getting married at the Landmark Restaurant. It used to be an LDS church, then a school house, then a few other types of buildings. Now it is a restaurant with great food, run by a very nice LDS family. My fiance and I are having our ceremony and reception at the Landmark. It is also where my parents had their reception.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Brianna! That's so sweet that you're getting married where your parents had their reception. 
  • Unity Church of Mesa. They are very happy to join couples of different faiths and even celebrate the chance to do so :-) Check them out at  http://www.unityofmesa.org/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards