California-Orange County

marriage certificate?

Hello, 

What is the soonest anyone has requested their marriage certificate in the OC ? On the OC County Registar, it states 6-8 weeks. But on a lot of the things I need to change my name on, it states to do so or notify them within 30 days of the "event" date. 

Bringing me to my next question: Is the event date considered our marriage date or date I change my name on license & social security? 

HELP! My stress level is rising....... 

Re: marriage certificate?

• I'm pretty sure your actual wedding day is the event day. Don't stress! Call these places after the date and tell them. Everywhere that I had to change my name was understanding of the time it took to get my new documents. Many just wanted to see the marriage license. And I think I we got our certificate 4 weeks before.

• I think you can only get the license within 90 days of your wedding. It will expire after that. We got ours over two months in advance because it was the only time we could get it.
  • Yes, 90 days.  Make an appointment and you bypass everyone waiting.  It took us about 10 minutes in total.

The event date is the date of your marriage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards