January 2016 Weddings

Hello!

I've been engaged for a year and have been patiently waiting for a Jan. 2016 wedding board to be made. I'm so excited that one finally exists, happy planning everyone.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hello!

• hello!!

Im also a January bride :)  I can't believe how dead this board is lol. Hopefully we'll see more ladies after the Holidays. I'm so excited !
  • I am also a Jan 2016 bride and super excited! Hello to everyone on here! Where are you ladies getting married?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello Ladies
    YAY FINALLY!!! HAHA  i was waiting for this board to come up as well! Im getting married January 23!
  • Yay!! That's so exciting to see other Jan 2016 brides, I felt like the only one for awhile!

@alyssiieepoo23 I'm getting married the 23rd too!

• I'm also getting married on Jan 23rd next year!  FI joked about it last year that it was easy to remember (123) and since it fell on a Saturday, bingo!! :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• twoleighs said:
    I'm also getting married on Jan 23rd next year!  FI joked about it last year that it was easy to remember (123) and since it fell on a Saturday, bingo!! :)
    Whoa! Three January 23rd brides! That is awesome :)

• so im a little obsessed with planning and have just about everything booked already! i just need to do little odds and ends. 

when are you ladies planning on having your bridal shower? my MOH was asking me because she lives in NY and shes planning it and i guess like me wanted to get a head start. haha
  • so im a little obsessed with planning and have just about everything booked already! i just need to do little odds and ends. 

when are you ladies planning on having your bridal shower? my MOH was asking me because she lives in NY and shes planning it and i guess like me wanted to get a head start. haha
    I have my venue and photographer books. The venue also has a required caterer, florist, and baker within the package we purchased, so I suppose those vendors are secured as well.

I believe my mom, MOH, aunt/BM are planning mine around October or early November to beat all the crazy holiday rush stuff.  What about you, @alyssiieepoo23?

• We are booked!!! We have an official date now, Jan 8, 2016. Im super excited!!
  • @disneymom88‌ YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!

• edited February 2015
    I am 95% sure we are getting married on  January 17! My fiance is in the military so we are waiting to hear about one other thing and then talk with the parents. Super excited!!!

I have already spoken with my venue that includes everything but the photographer and they are holding that date for me.

I LOVE all of this planning. I wish I had thought about this as a possible career when I was a wee bit younger :)

Congratulations everyone!
  • Knottie05169597 Congratulations! The 17th is my moms bday, we almost considered getting married the 16th and having a morning after/birthday brunch the next day :D

• Knottie05169597 I'm a military bride too. We originally had our date for 2.6.16, but he has a thing that weekend so we had to switch. We confirmed with the church yesterday and the date is now officially 1.30.16!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @rockin30ish Congratulations! Glad to have you "on board", so to speak.

• Yay! January Brides!!! I'm January 22, 2016.. we're doing a Friday because it's at a ski lodge so most of us are staying all weekend to hit the slopes :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! January Brides!!! I'm January 22, 2016.. we're doing a Friday because it's at a ski lodge so most of us are staying all weekend to hit the slopes :) 
    That's a great idea! :) Have fun!

• oh wow that's awesome!! mine only includes the food and cake. but i noticed when you book the bigger vendors earlier you get a better deal. i got over $1000 off combined in booking my vendors early. we also have my good family friend who is a photographer doing the wedding for very little and a good friend is our DJ.

Congrats to all the ladies on setting their dates!! 

Where are you all located? I'm in LA so everything is really price-y :/
  • Looks like some ladies are starting to post on here! Congrats to everyone on the countdown being less than a year (I think congrats?) 

Location: I'm in northern Idaho but the wedding is on Mt Hood in Oregon (Oregon is where I'm from). 

I locked down our venue (they fill up FAST for the winter), photographer, and DJ.. venue also includes the food/booze so I'm feeling pretty good about the planning! Also got my dress!

Has anyone else had planning success? Nice work on getting the deals @alyssiieepoo23

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Looks like some ladies are starting to post on here! Congrats to everyone on the countdown being less than a year (I think congrats?) 

Location: I'm in northern Idaho but the wedding is on Mt Hood in Oregon (Oregon is where I'm from). 

I locked down our venue (they fill up FAST for the winter), photographer, and DJ.. venue also includes the food/booze so I'm feeling pretty good about the planning! Also got my dress!

Has anyone else had planning success? Nice work on getting the deals @alyssiieepoo23
    Wow you're really ahead schedule! That's awesome! So far I have venue, which includes ceremony/reception space, food/drink, flowers, and cake. We also booked the photographer and we are meeting with our officiant on Saturday. I know what dress I want, but have yet to order it.

• Hi All,

I hope to be a January bride however I am open to the entire 1st quarter of 2016.  I live in NYC and am looking for an inexpensive venue to host a wedding for about 130 people or so.  Not sure what inexpensive means to everyone so to give you an idea i am trying to keep the price per person around $130.00.  I am slowly learning that is inexpensive in the city I call home.  CHEAPER is always great but I am willing to play with numbers if the venue is worth it.  Any ideas are welcome.  I am starting to feel overwhelmed and behind the ball.
  • Knottie93364278

Hi! Would you consider having your wedding a little further out in say, upstate NY? NYC, Long Island, and N. Jersey are some of the most expensive areas in the country to have weddings.  I'm originally from Long Island but moved to Delaware and decided to have my wedding here instead of in my hometown. While I think the venues throughout NY and N. NJ are spectacular, convenience and cost kind of overrided that =/ Best of luck!

• Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to this Knot board since I'm another January 2016 bride! Our wedding date is January 16 and we're very excited! Hope to get some great ideas from my fellow brides!
  • Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to this Knot board since I'm another January 2016 bride! Our wedding date is January 16 and we're very excited! Hope to get some great ideas from my fellow brides!

That's the date we have picked out also, okay - more like my MOH helped with picking out the date. Who knew that deciding on when to get married would be so difficult? (Or at least for me! haha)

**Congratulations to all my fellow January 2016 brides!! It's going to be an amazing month :D 

• Is there a particular borough you want to have your wedding in? 

• Hi everyone! I will be getting married January 2, 2016! Congrats to all of us January brides!!
  • Knottie93364278 are you just looking in NYC or are you open to looking in NJ too?

• I cannot WAIT until Jan 23! Like many of you other brides, I thought it would be easy to remember! What are your colors? Are you having a full out winter theme or just touches here and there? I have a lot planned already (at least I think so!) 

Congrats everyone! We are getting there!
  • Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a little late in the game getting this started, but we're getting married January 8th, 2016 and I'm so excited!

Congratulations to all of you!!
  • Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a little late in the game getting this started, but we're getting married January 8th, 2016 and I'm so excited!

Welcome and congrats! We are all getting so close, I can't believe it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi everyone!

Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards