Chit Chat

Really bad grease burn....

on my boob! This is fucking excruciating. It was the perfect combination of unfortunate circumstances... I stayed home from work today because of a migraine, so I was in my pajamas (no bra) and I had a robe on, but the robe had kind of fallen open and I didn't notice. I was making quesadillas and FI decided to help by heating the oil in the pan, put a bit too much oil, and I also didn't notice that he turned the heat up way too high (totally my fault for not paying attention). I went to flip the quesadilla, which was big and heavy, and you have to flip those suckers fast or all the junk falls out, and sure enough the super hot grease splashed right up onto my chest in that very small space that wasn't being covered by my robe, right onto my boob. (I have a cotton t-shirt on but what's that gonna do?)

Luckily we have a big aloe plant growing by the kitchen window so I tore a piece off really fast and rubbed the oil on... right in front of the window. So I hope the neighbors enjoyed that show. Good luck to them on figuring out what the fuck I was doing. But by the time I got to the aloe, the burn-- which is about 3 or 4 inches wide (it's a big burn!)-- had already blistered. Also luckily I had a vodka bottle chilling in the freezer, so I held that on the burn for a while. And poured myself a drink.

But fuck. I've had grease burns before, just never on my boob. And this hurts so. Fucking. Bad.

Re: Really bad grease burn....

Grease burns are the fucking worst.
    That gif is probably exactly what I looked like when it happened. I have a few on my hands/wrists right now too but they're not even bothering me compared to how bad my boob hurts! :(
  • Nooooo that sounds awful!  Hope it heals okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Ouch!!!  Stay close with the vodka bottle - for all purposes.
    That gif is probably exactly what I looked like when it happened. I have a few on my hands/wrists right now too but they're not even bothering me compared to how bad my boob hurts! :(
    :(
    I got a really bad one on my wrist from work a few months ago and I cried.
  • I was going to say aloe...especially the gooey inside. Also cold water helps but NOT ice- you could cause cell damage
  • Eeeeeeekkk that sounds terrible!!! 
    That's a fucking shitload of oil for it to splash that much! Although it's funny that you said "flip it fast or the junk falls out" because last time I flipped it toward myself and the cheese wasn't melted yet so shredded cheese came flying all over me hahahha

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    When I worked at McDonald's we would put pickles on our grease burns. I think it was the vinegar that helped a lot. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was going to say aloe...especially the gooey inside. Also cold water helps but NOT ice- you could cause cell damage
    Omg thank you! I always tell people this and they think I'm full of shit! Burned skin is so delicate that ice CAN damage it!!!
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I was going to say aloe...especially the gooey inside. Also cold water helps but NOT ice- you could cause cell damage
    Omg thank you! I always tell people this and they think I'm full of shit! Burned skin is so delicate that ice CAN damage it!!!
    And the reverse of that is not to put hot water on frostbite!!!! You are supposed to use cold to luke warm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Another myth (I know no one has mentioned it here but what the hell, maybe this will help someone) is that you should put butter on burns. Butter might feel good at the moment because it's cold from the fridge, but it actually traps the heat in, so the burn goes deeper into your skin and causes more damage.

So what have we learned today? No ice, no butter, and close your damn robe when you're cooking with oil!
  • Another myth (I know no one has mentioned it here but what the hell, maybe this will help someone) is that you should put butter on burns. Butter might feel good at the moment because it's cold from the fridge, but it actually traps the heat in, so the burn goes deeper into your skin and causes more damage.

So what have we learned today? No ice, no butter, and close your damn robe when you're cooking with oil!
    Butter?! Dafuq? I have never heard of that one and it sounds weird as hell.
  • H drunkenly cooked bacon naked once. I'll just leave the rest up to your imaginations.
    I imagine it went something like this

• jenna8984 said:
    H drunkenly cooked bacon naked once. I'll just leave the rest up to your imaginations.
    I imagine it went something like this
  • H drunkenly cooked bacon naked once. I'll just leave the rest up to your imaginations.
    OMG WHY

I wear a hoodie and oven mitts and lean back away from it. I am not risking marring my beautiful self for bacon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    I was going to say aloe...especially the gooey inside. Also cold water helps but NOT ice- you could cause cell damage
    And the reverse of that is not to put hot water on frostbite!!!! You are supposed to use cold to luke warm
    I'm learning!
  • larrygaga said:
    H drunkenly cooked bacon naked once. I'll just leave the rest up to your imaginations.
    OMG WHY

I wear a hoodie and oven mitts and lean back away from it. I am not risking marring my beautiful self for bacon.
    He is a spectacularly dumb drunk. I tried to warn him, but noooooooo. How could I, a vegetarian, possibly know anything about bacon?
  • larrygaga said:
    I'm learning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• So guys. My boob burn looks awful today. It's a little worse than I thought :S

But another tip for any other clumsy burn victims out there: mix raw aloe oil, coconut oil, hemp seed oil, and vitamin E oil. Put it on the burn. Most of the redness and blisters have gone away already and it doesn't hurt but there are 3 spots that are dark purple and bad so I guess I'll just have to wait for it to heal... (That same mixture added to regular unscented lotion is AWESOME fur sunburns, and if you put it in the fridge to chill it just feels that much better)

I'd show you guys a pic but ya know... it's my boob.
  • larrygaga said:
    OMG WHY

@Larrygaga - put your hoodie and oven mitts away and bake the bacon.  400 degrees for about 20ish minutes (that is what we do for thick sliced bacon). I use a half sheet pan, cover it with heavy duty foil, put a cooling rack in the pan and put the bacon on that.  Bake it.

No burns, no grease on the stove, let the grease cool and then throw the foil away and put your sheet pan back in the cupboard.  The only thing that gets washed is the cooling rack and that sucker fits in my dishwasher.

@ashley8918 - you might want to share that with your H next times he wants to drunk cook bacon!

Ya'll are WIA.
  • So sorry Novella!  This sounds awful.  I think the next worst thing you could have happen to your boob is for a cat to scratch it.  Had that happen once (don't ask).

Feel better soon!
  • So sorry Novella!  This sounds awful.  I think the next worst thing you could have happen to your boob is for a cat to scratch it.  Had that happen once (don't ask).

Feel better soon!
    Thank you! and yeah, a cat-scratched boob sounds horrible!
  • My dog scratched me across the boob once - pulled my pajama tank top down with his paw and scratched right across the nipple. Fucking perv. Hurt like HELL.

• My dog scratched me across the boob once - pulled my pajama tank top down with his paw and scratched right across the nipple. Fucking perv. Hurt like HELL.
    OMG my beagle did that once! She had snuck out, so the neighbor brought back and handed her to me over the fence cuz I was outside reading in my bikini. Not only did the damn dog scratch my nipple when I was lifting her over the fence, she also pulled my whole top down right in front of the neighbor. Awful! I think nipple scratch pain outweighs side-boob grease burn pain. Although the blisters look quite hideous today...

FI was totally doing that the other morning. He too suffered an awkward grease splatter burn. Lol
  • So guys. My boob burn looks awful today. It's a little worse than I thought :S

But another tip for any other clumsy burn victims out there: mix raw aloe oil, coconut oil, hemp seed oil, and vitamin E oil. Put it on the burn. Most of the redness and blisters have gone away already and it doesn't hurt but there are 3 spots that are dark purple and bad so I guess I'll just have to wait for it to heal... (That same mixture added to regular unscented lotion is AWESOME fur sunburns, and if you put it in the fridge to chill it just feels that much better)

I'd show you guys a pic but ya know... it's my boob.

You can rub lavender oil and oregano oil on the burn to help it heal faster. Probably wouldn't feel so hot, but saltwater is good for helping a burn. My grandma used to have us soak a grease burn in fresh sea water, and it always helped alot... Cooling plus the salt keeps it from getting infected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards