Gay Weddings

Tell Venues Up Front?

When contacting possible venues do you tell them right away that you're a same sex couple looking? Or do you just wait until you go to view it?

Re: Tell Venues Up Front?

• I told them up front... And gauged their reaction. But, I' live in a conservative Midwest state, and decided I'd rather know what I was dealing with over the phone than in person.
  • edited June 2015
  • My fiance and I asked up front if they were gay friendly. The last thing you want is to waste your time meeting with vendors only to find out they are not gay friendly. Also, you want to gauge their reaction when you tell them it is a gay wedding because you don't want to get stuck in a contract of sorts with a homophobic vendor/company.
  • When me and my finace were looking for wedding venues we told them up front! Luckily gay marriage just became legal last year in our state! So its becoming more of a normal thing here vs having a hard time finding vendors. We have been lucky to find all awesome vendors who don't care! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! We've been telling them upfront, and so far haven't run into any issues.
  • yay that is so awesome and the way it should be! Makes me happy to hear!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards